spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ajkid93
join:2014-05-11
Columbus, OH

ajkid93

WOW throttling like mad

So my house hold is a heavy bandwidth user. A lot of hulu, amazon prime, netflix, and gaming, youtube, google play music, etc. We are paying for their top tiered package, 50Mbps down and 1 up, which 1 up? Seriously for nearly 200 a month that is terrible (180), anyways I often receive less than 5Mbps on a frequent basis. I dont want to contact their support until I know they are throttling others, so I have a case. I have contacted them in the past (this has been on and off for years now) and they just give me the run around. Have you reset your router? your modem? I do and the speeds are still ridiculously lower than what is being paid for. This is not any specific protocol, it is for all my traffic. Speedtest.net shows it being about .466 currently. Not even 1 mega bit. »www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 94345117
ajkid93

ajkid93

Correction 2 Up, but still 2 is ridiculous.

mix
join:2002-03-19
Romeo, MI

mix to ajkid93

to ajkid93
You are the first person ever that has reported WOW has throttled them on the msg board to my knowledge.

WOW's top tier is 50 Mbps down, and 5 Mbps upload. Not sure where you are getting the 1 or 2 Mbps upload from.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U to ajkid93

Premium Member

to ajkid93
What make/model modem are you using?

And if you could, post a screenshot of the modem sync stats page
ajkid93
join:2014-05-11
Columbus, OH

ajkid93

Arris DG826 and what do you mean by modem sync stats page? The page you connect to in your browser to configure said modem?
ajkid93

ajkid93 to mix

to mix
said by mix:

You are the first person ever that has reported WOW has throttled them on the msg board to my knowledge.

WOW's top tier is 50 Mbps down, and 5 Mbps upload. Not sure where you are getting the 1 or 2 Mbps upload from.

Im incorrect about 2 Mbps, I was stating the speed I knew prior to upgrading the service. Prior to the upgrade I was running 15/1 dl/up. Anyways as you can see speed test shows the upload at barely 2Mbps.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to ajkid93

Premium Member

to ajkid93
Should be reachable @ 192.168.100.1

It basically shows the RF/DOCSIS channel sync statistics, as your modem reports it. It gives a little information into the health of your physical connection

I assume the modem is the Arris TG862 Gateway?
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count to ajkid93

to ajkid93
»speedtest.wowway.com/

use that webpage for your speed tests.. not speedtest.net.

The WOW's speedtest page will be a better indicator if something is wrong with your connection.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to ajkid93

to ajkid93
You have an issue that is resulting in poor speeds. This forum is full of reports of similar problems. Sometimes it is the users connection, sometimes it is an issue on WOWs end. It isn't throttling.

You need to report the problem and go from there.
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991

well, what do you expect in a world where everything is a lie and everyone wears foil hats and everything is a conspiracy to put us down.
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD

devolved to ajkid93

to ajkid93
Report the problem and maybe a tech can look at the sync stats page on your modem.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to adam1991

to adam1991
Dude, you may wanna lower your speed package and use some of the saving to get anxiety meds if you really think like that. And this is coming from someone who has anxiety issues.

Gus K
join:2003-08-22
USA

Gus K to ajkid93

to ajkid93
Try another speedtest. I pay for 15/1

I followed your link then tested, my numbers .80/2.14

I then went to Speakeasy, 16.04/2.22

Finally at WOW speedtest (also Ookla), 16.8/1.97

Weird...