spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Joe
@166.137.191.x

Joe

Anon

[Digital TV] Verizon cell phone interferes with Cable TV

When my mom has her Verizon smart phone in the same room as the TV when we are watching Giants games on CSN Bay Area, the screen frequently goes pixely and turns black.

As far as I can tell it only happens on this channel, although I haven't tested it extensively. There seems to be some kind of electromagnetic interference happening.

I didn't really believe my mom at first but it does seem to occur every time she has her phone in the room and there's no problems when it isn't in the room.

My AT&T phone causes no issues, same with my girlfriend's US Cellular phone.

Does anyone know what might fix this problem?
sj
join:2007-08-21
Winterville, NC

sj

»www.wral.com/spectrum-ba ··· 3156713/

Happened in Raleigh/Durham and Time Warner had to move channels off the frequency.

Joe
@166.137.191.x

Joe

Anon

Is there a good way to bring this to Suddenlink's attention?
sj
join:2007-08-21
Winterville, NC

sj

It seems like a problem that may be hard to get them to own up to. TWC got raked over the coals in Raleigh because the signal was interfering with the most prominent news station in the area. Had it been a lesser known cable channel I don't think they would have taken such swift action.

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC

Chubbzie to Joe

to Joe
Do you have any other TVs in the house that you can tune to the same channel & use your Mom's cellphone near? I'm kinda wondering if the cable box or some of the inputs (coax) are properly shielded. Sounds like some form of RF interference.

Joe
@198.228.216.x

Joe

Anon

Unfortunately we just have this one. Is there any other way I can test that?
Jowmu
join:2009-05-04
Lubbock, TX

1 edit

Jowmu to Joe

to Joe
have you called them? They can't fix it if they don't know about it.
You are experiencing ingress. I am pretty sure it is in your drop somewhere, more than likely right there in the room where the TV is, since it only happens when the phone is in that room. A faulty cable and/or connector is allowing direct pickup of the signal from the phone.Make sure all the connectors are tight. If you using some crappy, cheap cable or connectors, splitters, etc from Walmart, then that is probably the issue.
90% or more of ingress/egress issues are caused by faulty drops... all the wiring from the alley to your outlets.
I doubt it is on the mainline... if it was, I am sure they have been called about it... besides, since it only happens when the phone is in the room with the TV, that is more than likely where the issue is.