Search similar:

uniqs

Jay82
@68.173.183.x

Jay82

Anon

UES and Maxx

Hey there,

Does anyone know which areas in Upper Manhattan will be upgraded to the new Maxx speeds? Is it above a certain street number?

Also, when I was upgraded to the 100mbps speeds, I didn't receive any communication from TWC and just restarted my router (found instructions on this forum). Did you guys with the new Maxx speeds have to do something similar or did the upgraded speeds just appear one day?

I accidently threw out some mail from TWC, thinking that it was spam, and now I'm wondering if it had some info on Maxx.
rcarlosnyc
Premium Member
join:2001-10-31
Brooklyn, NY

rcarlosnyc

Premium Member

I was told uptown ending 145th street. I'm on the west side. I'm not sure if they are upgrading the east side as well.

Nick21
join:2010-02-03
New York, NY

Nick21

Upper Manhattan = between 86th and 145th Streets, east of 8th Ave. And afaik happens by June.
rcarlosnyc
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

rcarlosnyc to Jay82

Premium Member

to Jay82
East of 8th ave including 8th?

Jay82
@68.173.183.x

Jay82 to Nick21

Anon

to Nick21
Amazing, thanks for the conformation!

Nick21
New York, NY

Nick21

carlos I pm you and my area of Upper Manhattan gets Maxx on 5/28.

compsciphd
@72.227.230.x

compsciphd

Anon

wait, when they say upper manhattan is getting maxx by june they don't mean what TWC calls "northern manhattan" (i.e. above 125th) (including washington heights and inwood).

Nick21
New York, NY

Nick21

No, just the areas I mentioned are the ones scheduled for the upgrade by June :/

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

How do you find out the dates?
ifa
join:2009-07-17
New York, NY

ifa to Nick21

to Nick21
Nick, what about downtown Manhattan - what areas will be upgraded and when? Also, when Maxx is available will we have access to the new "Hydra" DVR or is that still some time away?

Nick21
New York, NY

Nick21

said by fatal:

How do you find out the dates?

I called customer service and rep told me accounts get noted that they are on a node getting upgraded. And then eventually coded as Maxx eligible. There are also the mailings to alert you of the coming changes. First two reps were clueless, third rep instantly found the info.
said by ifa:

Nick, what about downtown Manhattan - what areas will be upgraded and when? Also, when Maxx is available will we have access to the new "Hydra" DVR or is that still some time away?

TWC will likely post a new press release after this wave is completed, announcing the next areas. The rep told me the new DVR experience is later 2014.

planttech
@38.105.215.x

planttech to ifa

Anon

to ifa
lower manhattan aka "southern manhattan" is traditionally the last for all upgrades. it's because of the density, the high demographics, many important businesses and overall more complex plant. they also want to make sure all bugs are worked out in test bed areas like woodside/lic/Astoria.
planttech

planttech

Anon

southern manhattan for those that know officially is south of west 79 and east 86
rcarlosnyc
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

rcarlosnyc to Jay82

Premium Member

to Jay82
Click for full size
I receive the letter. I should be getting TWC Maxx when it launches in upper Manhattan.

Kronickiller
@166.137.88.x

Kronickiller

Anon

Did it launch yet I seen 100 only when I search on the site and Tuesday I talked to twc and the rep said max is in my area and they are sending me the latest modem for it. Is the rep mistaken. I'm in morningside heights area. Also at this moment there is an outage in my area and it started around 12:30 am.

Nick21
New York, NY

Nick21

Even in areas with Maxx, the site doesn't reflect it. It continues to show the old tiers. Maxx hasn't launched yet and I was told 5/28 for Upper Manhattan.

Kronickiller
@68.173.34.x

Kronickiller

Anon

So the rep was wrong she told me it was available in my area. Only way now is to wait to receive the modem. Rep told me latest is by Monday to get the new modem.

Nick21
New York, NY

Nick21

Reps say so much, hard to know but maybe it is live. Especially if you already have 16x4, I have but lack the proper equip. I'm waiting for Amazon to ship my Netgear C6300 gateway 16x4. I hope it comes by the 28th.