»disconnect.me/

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22

Premium Member

what if i have ghostery installed........i don't need 2see the panels..........my concern is chokin' the air out of the fox

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

Disconnect plays well with ABP, I can't speak to Ghostey - see what happens or ask the Disconnect folks - I'm not knowing.

Have been running Disconnect and ABP with Firefox for a good while without speed or other issues. IMO & not a plug for Disconnect - one of the best add-ons I've seen of late.

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22

Premium Member

i'm havin' ......would u believe........the same results runnin' ghostery

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback -- others will surely appreciate it.
siljaline

siljaline to Phoenix22

Premium Member

to Phoenix22
Prior to FF 29.0.1 -- I wasn't seeing Disconnect & ABP either.
»[Firefox] Firefox 29.0.1

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22 to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline
yer welcome neighbor
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Phoenix22

Premium Member

to Phoenix22
For me Proxo gets some, Ghostery gets a lot and Disconnect gets the ones the first two don't get. If I bypass Proxo then Ghostery and Disconnect get the ones Proxo usually gets. If I turn off Ghostery then Disconnect gets about double the number. They work together ok.

At the moment, Ghostery has not updated its library since April 22 on Fx, SeaMonkey and Opera. Ghostery gives me more problems than Disconnect but I really dislike Disconnect's GUI. So, I use both (in addition to Proxo) and hope one of them is working....when I am lucky both are working.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

I kinda like the Disconnect UI, Mele20 See Profile was hoping for a larger tracking counter box that I commented to you here: »[Extension] Disconnect 3.11.0

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
SOG C&C Nrth

Phoenix22 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
thanks
however......... that said...........wtz this?

Reviews
Disconnect annual payment Rated 2 out of 5 stars

by clyde feldman on May 17, 2014 · permalink · translate

I made an annual Payment to Disconnect on or about May 13,2014. Nonetheless, Disconnect dropped me for Non-payment!
I have written confirmation in the form of a receipt. Also, I was told when downloading an additional Search Engine on the 17th that I needed to pay for it. Why?

»addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· connect/

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore

Premium Member

Someone on some recreational substance? Disconnect is free, AFAIK.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline to Phoenix22

Premium Member

to Phoenix22
Disconnect is: Use the software -- donate if you wish.
»disconnect.me/support
jupitermoon
join:2011-09-27

jupitermoon to Mele20

to Mele20
said by Mele20 :
At the moment, Ghostery has not updated its library since April 22 on Fx, SeaMonkey and Opera.
I show an update of May 17, 2014 for Ghostery 5.2.1 on Firefox 24.5.0 ESR and May 15, 2014, same version, on Firefox 29.0.1. Does it ever update on its own or do you always have to manually update? Something might be blocking it.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20 to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline
said by siljaline:

Disconnect is: Use the software -- donate if you wish.

That's correct.

Great news! Disconnect works on Sea Monkey also!
Mele20

Mele20 to jupitermoon

Premium Member

to jupitermoon
It wasn't manually updating either. Plus, Ghostery stopped updating on SeaMonkey 2.26 and Opera 12.17. The updates stopped on all three browsers on April 22. Weird, huh? I couldn't manually update on any of the browsers either. (I would click on the "update now" button and it would say "updating" and would say that forever but would not update. I've had this problem in the past...I think you and I talked about it....on both Fx and SM but this was the first time for Opera and Ghostery to not work right).

I spent several hours messing with Ghostery on all three browsers. Finally, all of a sudden it updated on both Fx and then Opera. Nothing I have tried though will get it to update on Sea Monkey. That's one reason I am delighted that Disconnect now works on SeaMonkey.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

That's correct.
Great news! Disconnect works on Sea Monkey also!

Good to know - I'll get this to the folks at Disconnect.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

You need this new converter to make it easy:

»addonconverter.fotokrain ··· vert.php

The author of this tool has a thread at Mozillazine. I posted there last night about some extensions that I tried on SM with his converter and they did not work. He has all but the one I really, really want WORKING now! This is a great blessing for SeaMonkey right at the time when more users are turning away from Fx (due to Australis).

»forums.mozillazine.org/v ··· =2834855

The Disconnect developers can easily support SM (so users who don't know about this new addon converter can just install it on SM as they do on Fx) but they need to look at why the Disconnect icon doesn't look like the one on Fx and almost hides itself on the navigation bar on the left side of the back button.

If, by some miracle, the tool developer could get Tree Style Tabs to work on SeaMonkey he and I, and many others, would be soooo happy.