spc
Search similar:

uniqs

chrome14
@71.123.232.x

chrome14

Anon

One World Sports - channel 309

Found it two nights ago. I take it it's a new channel addition?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Yes-
»Fios adding One World Sports Net

The PR was a bit ago, and VHO's are just seeing it this week.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Yesterday it told me I had to subscribe to the Sports Pack to get this channel. Today it's coming in. Guess it's part of Extreme now?
Also someone reported yesterday this was a 16:9 SD channel. It's 4:3 on my screen.

hdspts2
@173.54.99.x

hdspts2

Anon

said by matcarl:

Yesterday it told me I had to subscribe to the Sports Pack to get this channel. Today it's coming in. Guess it's part of Extreme now?
Also someone reported yesterday this was a 16:9 SD channel. It's 4:3 on my screen.

It does come in 4:3 but the picture looks squeezed (for lack of a better term) and looks more natural when stretched to 16:9 by pressing the '#' key on your remote.

I haven't been watching the channel for long, but I noticed this on a AFC Champions League soccer game yesterday, particularly on the closeups.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Oh ok, it's the opposite of Cozi TV which is shown full screen 16:9. The way this is being shown is worse. We have to manually adjust our aspect on the channel or everyone looks squished.
justin9876
join:2006-04-21
Mount Juliet, TN

justin9876

said by matcarl:

Oh ok, it's the opposite of Cozi TV which is shown full screen 16:9. The way this is being shown is worse. We have to manually adjust our aspect on the channel or everyone looks squished.

Agreed, it looked terrible, "squished" is a good way to describe it. But unfortunately the Aspect (#) key doesn't work on VMS, at least it doesn't for me (and I have the new updated software installed).

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

What setup are you guys using for SD channels?

Honestly here, it may be the best looking SD channel i've ever seen.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

What setup are you guys using for SD channels?

Honestly here, it may be the best looking SD channel i've ever seen.

You may be talking about clarity Jeep, but the screen is shrunk from a 16:9 to a 4:3 making people look extremely skinny. The aspect ratio is messed up.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

I would suspect that is a Vz encoding problem (perhaps at the VHO level) and not a channel problem. Our CW and CBS SD versions have the same issue. The engineer for both is trying to get Vz to fix it. I've sent him screen caps so he can send it onto them.

I'm afraid if you post to the Direct forum (as I did in the past) you will get the standard "we send what we receive" response.

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

1 edit

Rick4769 to chrome14

to chrome14
Another sports station that needs to be added in High Definition. This station along with CBS Sports and the Longhorn Network need to be in HD! All sports programming should be in HD bar none!

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by Rick4769:

Another sports station that needs to be added in High Definition. This station along with CBS Sports and the Longhorn Network need to be in HD!

Fox Sports 2 and CBS Sports before One World.

quig
@208.68.179.x

quig

Anon

I Just checked out this channel and to my surprise I noticed GOL TV was back on channel 313.. When did this happen, I thought it left last year.
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf

GolTV is still there it just needs a separate subscription and is not past of Ultimate HD

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to quig

Premium Member

to quig
said by quig :

I Just checked out this channel and to my surprise I noticed GOL TV was back on channel 313

There's a Spanish Free-view going on right now.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

Is GolTV in Spanish?
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

Si'.

(although most things are broadcast with an English SAP)

quig
@208.68.179.x

quig

Anon

Actually I watched last night on 313 and it was all in English

hdspts2
@173.54.99.x

hdspts2

Anon

said by quig :

Actually I watched last night on 313 and it was all in English

Quig, where are you located? I don't have it in VHO7, but perhaps its possible its coming back.

GOL ch 313 English audio
GOL ch 1523 in Spanish audio

I thought that 313 was only available to those who had the old Sports Pack (not to be confused with the current Sports Pass) grandfathered in. There appears to be no current package to get it back.

I also thought that 1523 was part of the Spanish package. I am getting most oof the Spanish stations (in what must be a freeview), but not GOL 1523, as well as not the spanish versions of CNN and History. IS nayone etting the same thing?

quig
@208.68.179.x

quig

Anon

I Live in Fort Lee, NJ

hdspts2
@173.54.99.x

hdspts2

Anon

said by quig :

I Live in Fort Lee, NJ

I was hoping you were in a different VHO, so that perhaps GOLTV was being added back, but it appears that it is not the case. I am in Monmouth County NJ. When I saw all the Spanish stations on, I thought I would get at least the station with Spanish audio (1523), but as I have mentioned, that ia one of three Spanish stations I am not getting.

Perhaps the governor had it added for your troubles last year.
Expand your moderator at work
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable to chrome14

to chrome14

Re: One World Sports - channel 309

According to One World Sports FB Page they going to offer the HD channel very soon.