CANADA

damir to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger

Re: New HighSpeed Cable Plans From VMedia

hire more ppl ;=
GeorgeBurger
join:2011-12-30

GeorgeBurger

And raise prices? Let's take a vote, would be interested in feedback.

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir

lol ...........

*wonder how others do it* , you should give "us" (DSLR's) some discount, for helping you out 4 free.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger
said by GeorgeBurger:

Perhaps you could hire temporary foreign workers, cheap j/k

For me, it's no so much that these things take time, it's not knowing if they're even on the road-map. So far, I believe from what I've read, you're working on VOIP, USB PVR, additional Cloud PVR stations. Anything else besides general maintenance and possible bug fixes?

VOIP is pretty crowded. If you're looking to get technology savvy customers, you'll have to pull them away from companies like voip.ms. I don't know how you might beat their price and features.

Your answer to my previous question about a client-side PVR is encouraging. If it happens a little late, so what! I've been involved with computer systems design long enough to know that s**t happens. Better that you take your time and get it right. If you do want cheap labour, then offer a Beta release to customers willing to provide constructive feedback. {raises hand; jumps up and down}

As far as negotiating Cloud PVR rights, you're on your own; there's probably not many other people qualified for that.

Eros
@108.168.17.x

Eros

Anon

said by WhaleOilBee:

said by GeorgeBurger:

Perhaps you could hire temporary foreign workers, cheap j/k

valid comment.

vmedia_user
@81.17.17.x

vmedia_user

Anon

Will VMedia being offering faster speed tiers?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to GeorgeBurger

Premium Member

to GeorgeBurger
said by Davesnothere:

The 30/5 details link on the Compare Plans page is now correct.

However, I noticed another error on the same Compare Plans page, where, in addition to the typo in North Bay, and the dupe mention of St Catharines, there is also bad info that the Cable 20 plan has a 1Mbps Upload speed.

The speed numbers are OK on the Cable 20 details page, but the city names also are wrong there.

said by GeorgeBurger:

Davesnothere, thanks very much for the corrections.

Much appreciated, happens when you have too few bodies doing too many things too quickly.

All of the info mentioned immediately above looks correct now.

That leaves what to do with the approved modems page, mentioned further above.

Mayhaps a simple table would work, like the one on START's site.

And with D2 and 4x4 D3 modems about to be retired (at least by Rogers), there may be less entries in it than you might anticipate.
Lantase
join:2008-08-16
Chatham, ON

1 edit

Lantase to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger
Any plans to offer new speed tiers on CCable?
awaisuk
join:2008-10-05

awaisuk to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger
said by GeorgeBurger:

Hi Awaisuk, I am afraid so, no escaping it. Wish we could get around it. The only break is Rogers to ISP, where it is a transfer fee.

What is the transfer fee from Rogers to vmedia?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Looks like $20.

You have to click 'Order' and choose a few options to see it, but not say who you are yet.

Same with direct xfer from Cogeco.
Trentelshark
join:2002-12-11
London, ON

Trentelshark

Davesnotthere is correct. It will ask you to pick a time for a technician visit but when you go Rogers -> VMedia one shouldn't be required, you just have to pick the time slot. Basically my internet/cable went offline at 11PM the night before and the next morning I plugged in the modem and everything was up and running.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Hi George do your boxes support xbmc for android ? It has full hardware processing support for arm now and also has a lot of functionality for PER if not default loadable is it possible to side load xbmc ? And do you provide tech specs for the vbox units ?
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by morisato:

...if not default loadable is it possible to side load xbmc? And do you provide tech specs for the vbox units?

I have xbmc Gotham side loaded, no problem. It's an AML8726 based media box running Android 4.1.2 (talking about the 'new' box here).

kboi
@67.226.151.x

kboi to GeorgeBurger

Anon

to GeorgeBurger
tried to call you sales line. no one seem to be answering. send an email to inquire. no response. sad.
One would think sales being the front line would be the quickest in response. oh well. guess first impression isn't the selling point.
Expand your moderator at work

HSLite
@135.12.16.x

HSLite to GeorgeBurger

Anon

to GeorgeBurger

Re: New HighSpeed Cable Plans From VMedia

said by GeorgeBurger:

Hi everyone, we just want to let you know that we have begun to sell the new 30 and 60Mbps cable internet plans, for $49.95 and $64.95 respectively, with no usage limits. Please have a look here for details. They replace our existing 25 and 45Mbps plans.

»www.vmedia.ca/internet/

We will continue to sell the 25 and 45Mbps services if we can ensure installation by June 10. Existing subscribers for those plans will of course continue to be supplied with those speeds, but otherwise, they will no longer be offered after June 1st.

Will there be any pricing changes for the existing 25M or 45M services? after June 10th?

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

2 edits

WhaleOilBee to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger
The 'other' ISP IPTV provider in Ontario has also offered the unlimited 30/5 and 60/10 plans.

Keep in mind that the other's best price is on a yearly term, but that they have additional speed plans as well as more features like mail, SSH, VPN, and on-line storage.

I will say nothing more other than to provide a link to both Ontario plans....

»www.acanac.com/ontario.html
»www.vmedia.ca/internet/