spc
uniqs
Papageno
join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Papageno to clone

to clone

Re: Our government is so in bed with big business it's disgusting

I agree with you about the fact that in general, it's the priorities of the very wealthy and the companies they own and control which are foremost in the minds of most of our politicians, but I won't go so far as to say R vs D doesn't matter. It does to some extent--one (generally speaking) is less bad for most people than the other.

Still, I heard an astounding statistic a few days ago. In the US, from the late 1940's through 1979, 80% of the income growth went to the bottom 90% (not distributed equally, to be sure), but since then it's been more like 80% of the income growth has gone to the very top of the pyramid.
wispalord
join:2007-09-20
Farmington, MO

wispalord

right to the illuminati I think I spelled that right

meeeeeeeeee
join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

1 edit

meeeeeeeeee to Papageno

to Papageno
said by Papageno:

but I won't go so far as to say R vs D doesn't matter. It does to some extent--one (generally speaking) is less bad for most people than the other.

It's basically jumping off a bridge or stepping in front of a train. In the end, neither are very pretty.

Overtkill
Premium Member
join:2005-09-21
Tooele, UT

1 recommendation

Overtkill to Papageno

Premium Member

to Papageno
Indeed, yet with the GOP in a positions to argue every little thing that the dem's try to accomplish, its a wonder anything gets passed. Like Obamacare, IMO and from observation, too many things that get put forward to help the population. Any ideas from the left get derailed by the right, much of it to the point that whatever is trying to accomplished become worthless, or ends up costing people a whole lot more.

Capitalist sales & marketing practices starting in the excessive 80's seems to have pushed attitudes into the "all that matters is growth" and "greed is good" mentality. What ever happened to having a decent year with profit alone, without driving expenses for to an unsustainable level?? What I am driving at here is the mentality of corporate managements in this capitalistic system of ours, is the issue that will eventually become unsustainable, and thus will lead to a far larger problem than the previous recession.

This way of thinking is unsustainable in the long term, and the corporations are getting to the point of whittling us down to nickel and diming us for everything. There will be a breaking point eventually. But until we learn to put people in power that actually care about helping the population instead of serving their own special interests, nothing is likely to change. Most of these people in public office are little more that political used car salesmen. Too busy trying to look good while they do everything they can to fleece the public and lining their own pockets with our cash, and that of their lobby's (and Corporations), who not only provide many of them with the blue print to new laws, and also how to vote on the issues.

Sorry for the long read... But I do feel that until we have people in office who legitimately care for the populations they serve and implement the good ideas from all sides, things are unlikely to change and will only get worse.

Thanks for reading....