All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
aproxymate
join:2012-08-07
Irving, TX

aproxymate

How much do you pay for Fioptics? Any alternatives?

I was on a promotion and my monthly bill was $30 for 20 Mbps. Now that period has ended and I see my bill has jumped to $60! It really sucks and I want to change providers but I guess Time Warner is no better.

So anyone has suggestions to reduce the monthly bill? The best I could get was $55 for 30 mbps and basic TV. I'd really love to keep the monthly cost below $40.

jduffy
Premium Member
join:2006-08-20
Cincinnati, OH

jduffy

Premium Member

If you want to keep your costs down, you have to switch. Once you put in your cancellation notice, Bell will probably give you a deal to keep you. If not, go to Time Warner as they will probably give you a deal to switch. I've had TWC for years now and happy with the service. But you do have to threaten to leave to get them to keep the price in line. I used to switch all the time to get the best price.
Crispin
join:2003-06-04
Fairfield, OH

Crispin to aproxymate

to aproxymate
When I started with Fioptics over a year ago, my promotional deal was $85 a month. When that ended and shot up to $180 a month I freaked out. Then I called their customer support line to cancel some or maybe even all the service. I got someone who actually knew what they could do and she put me on another promo deal where I pay $100 a month for the same TV package and faster internet.

If you call they will likely work with you to keep your bill down.