spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to Platinum0

to Platinum0

Re: Cablecard experience with a HDhomerun PRIME.

said by Platinum0:

I setup mine today as well. Everything is working fine except local stations in HD. This means 2-1,5-1,17-1, etc. It's sort of disappointing, but i'm hoping the tuning adapter will get an update for the locals to appear.

Hmm, those numbers are for OTA, not from the PRIME.
The local channels on the prime are listed in that long channel list I posted above, like:
787 WXMI HD
788 WOOD HD
789 WXSP HD
Those also match the listings at Titaintv & zap2it.
What does »192.168.1.28/lineup.html show (you need to adjust that IP to be that of your device...)
If that is empty, or doesn't show lots of channels, then they most likely didn't validate you correctly.

btallmad
@24.247.232.x

btallmad to Zappa2000

Anon

to Zappa2000
Click for full size
Here is what my Cable Card Status looks like. Individual channel strength varies, but most are in the low to mid 90's. I am considering an alternate Media Server layer on top of WMC backend, tried to install XBMC, but having trouble sharing the Recorded TV folder. Channels in the area are still in flux as there are lots of "Moved" spaceholders in the channel lineup. Next step is to try it on Windows 7 machine and maybe buy a peppier graphics card, unless someone has a better idea.

I will exhaust all options before calling a truck, tech and supervisor, both from Kalamazoo, had never heard of a setup like mine.
mdavej
join:2004-06-09
united state

mdavej

All of that looks really good. Have you tried picking a different lineup? The correct one is most likely called "Upgrade...".

FWIW, I had lots of issues using WMC as a backend with XBMC. If I were you, I'd keep it simple and stick with WMC until you get the Prime working well.

Win 7 is also a good idea. Win 8 should work ok, but several add-ons may not.

If your graphics card isn't up to snuff, you'll see some choppiness, but not necessarily more dropouts or macro blocking. If it is choppy, try at least something like a 5000 or 6000 series AMD (I forget the equivalent Nvidia).
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to btallmad

to btallmad
You can also do tests with the prime itself, like this:
Using your browser, change the following to be the IP of your PRIME, and then it will record a show for 3600 secs, or, 1 hour, on channel 741. You can change it to 5 mins (300 secs) for doing quick tests)

»192.168.1.18:5004/auto/v ··· ion=3600

Then, the browser will save the file to the HD, and when done, you can view the file and see how it looks.