Search similar:

uniqs

RogueJawa
join:2013-08-15
Canal Winchester, OH

RogueJawa

Ultra TV Media Gateway + External HDD

Hey everyone.

I found a previous thread about this but after scanning it no real recommendations stood out. I've just ditched Frontier and in three weeks I'll be moving back to an area serviced by WOW Cable. I've already got my order in (Signature w/Ultra TV and 30/3 internet) and I've just gotta say that it was great to be dealing with WOW's CSRs again. Anyway, my question is this. I was a WOW customer about 10 months ago before I had to move out of the area and I had Ultra TV... but I used to fill that sucker up fast given how much I work. I'm constantly catching up on programs.

I want to connect an external HDD, between 1-2 TB, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

While I'm at it, since I've been away from the service for almost a year, how has it evolved? I'm moving back into the Columbus, Ohio market. I saw a thread where the ticker feature had been removed. Has anything else changed?

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

I suggest 2T now that I've done OK with 1T - but it gets close.
»Re: Comcast to Wow?

An encrypted drive cannot be simply duped to a bigger one . . .
dcdowden
join:2002-09-11
Naperville, IL

dcdowden to RogueJawa

to RogueJawa
We just switched from Comcast to Wow Ultra. I was able to use the WD My Box AV 1 TB DVR Expander that Comcast recommended with the Ultra Media Gateway. Comcast said you could only use a 1 TB drive, but I believe WOW says you can go to 2 TB, but it has to be rated for DVR use. Amazon has the 1 TB WD drive for about $90 now. I think I paid WD about $110 directly when I bought it.
Doug

RogueJawa
Canal Winchester, OH

RogueJawa

That's really the only thing I liked about having Dish while living out in the country. Their Hopper has a lot of storage. Even with 196 recordings at one point I wasn't even using a quarter of the storage space. Of course all that storage meant nothing when it rained and your shows didn't record, and it would also randomly skip recordings.

I'll try to track down a 2TB drive. I looked on Newegg last night but when I narrowed the results specifically to "eSATA" it only came back with two drives; a 1 TB for like $199 and a 12TB for way more money than I would be willing to spend.

Thanks guys!

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

The link in my post above linked a 1T at BestBuy for $88 and its been in use by me the last 20 months.
Here it is again »www.bestbuy.com/site/WD+ ··· p=1&lp=1

RogueJawa
Canal Winchester, OH

RogueJawa

Bookmarked. That's a very appealing price for the 1TB. I bet I could get by with that.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

said by RogueJawa:

Bookmarked. That's a very appealing price for the 1TB. I bet I could get by with that.

Also available from Amazon for that price.

»www.amazon.com/Book-Expa ··· _qh_dp_t

RogueJawa
Canal Winchester, OH

RogueJawa

Awesome. Hopefully one of the two will still have it in stock when I'm able to order. I want to actually move first and make sure I don't wind up with any unexpected moving fees.