Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

Transfer songs from iPhone to computer

I want to transfer songs from an iPhone to a computer.
I googled this topic and there are a bunch of programs that can do this. Does anyone have a favorite or one can recommend one that is the least expensive.
Thanks!

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

said by haroldo:

I googled this topic and there are a bunch of programs that can do this. Does anyone have a favorite or one can recommend one that is the least expensive.
Thanks!

What's wrong with iTunes?
--
GuruGuy

haroldo

united state

1 edit

Somehow user's library got messed up and now only has 100 songs, while iPhone has 3000 songs. User afraid that when it syncs, the iPhone will only have 100 songs.
I'd like to have a one way sync (iPhone to computer) so that the iTunes library is the same as iPhone.
Or am I not understanding what happens during sync.

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA

said by haroldo:

Somehow user's library got messed up and now only has 100 songs, while iPhone has 3000 songs. User afraid that when it syncs, the iPhone will only have 100 songs.
I'd like to have a one way sync (iPhone to computer) so that the iTunes library is the same as iPhone.
Or am I not understanding what happens during sync.

Is it a windows computer? If so, I'd move the iTunes folder out of username/my music/

Then plug in the phone and let it sync. It will recreate the itunes folder and sync all the music. It should tell you there are things on the phone that are not on the computer and do you want to sync, merge, etc. Do a sync not a merge (since there is nothing on the computer to merge with).

If you still have an issue afterwards, you can always delete the new folder you created and move the original one back and then try to sync and merge. If that folder is corrupted though, I'd try the first method I mentioned.
--
GuruGuy

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
reply to haroldo

DiskAid does this. I used it for other purposes and it works well. I haven't needed to use it for music but I've found it useful and easy to use for other tasks.

»www.digidna.net/diskaid?gclid=CJ···odxRkAYg

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to haroldo

I used to use mediawidget. But I see that there have been so issues with it since I last used it [about 5 years ago]. I second the idea of copy the music folder from the phone to a separate folder on the PC. Then let Itunes wipe the device, then install the music from that folder to the phone.

I can't use the term "hate" enough to describe my feelings about the stupidity of Apple in forcing a wipe of an Idevice the first time you plug it into your computer. It's asinine to the 1,000th degree.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to robbin

Wow DiskAid looks like a really great program.

I think I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks!

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA

said by Octavean:

Wow DiskAid looks like a really great program.

I think I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks!

FYI - It's not free.

Registering DiskAid

Vic
posted this on December 19, 2012 15:31

inShare

Once installed DiskAid will offer it's free features without registration and allow the trial of the premium features.

To fully unlock all features you need to register it using the Registration Key provided with a license purchase via email or upon checkout. This Registration Key matches the email used for the purchase, so please make sure it is the exact email address used at the time. A single license and Registration Key works both for the Mac OSX and the PC Windows versions and the process is the same, both are pictured below.

If you have lost your Registration Key you can get it sent automatically using this form.

PLEASE NOTE: Make sure you run the very latest available DiskAid version (download it here!) and registration key (get it there!)
--
GuruGuy

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to GuruGuy

I thought iTunes will only offer to transfer back purchased music from an iPod/iPhone. Did they change that to allow transfer of all music?

That used to be the reason all these third-party solutions existed - iTunes wouldn't let you copy things from an iPod, presumably for copyright reasons. Haven't tried it with an iPhone.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to Snakeoil

It's really dumb that it wipes the whole thing It's not like it can't work the other way my iphone puts songs on my computer all the time when it syncs.

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA

1 edit
reply to Thinkdiff

said by Thinkdiff:

I thought iTunes will only offer to transfer back purchased music from an iPod/iPhone. Did they change that to allow transfer of all music?

That used to be the reason all these third-party solutions existed - iTunes wouldn't let you copy things from an iPod, presumably for copyright reasons. Haven't tried it with an iPhone.

It appears you are correct about that.
--
GuruGuy

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

Thanks!

Here's a thought. Purchase iTunes music match, turn it on, then let iTunes grab everything off the phone that way.
--
GuruGuy

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

iTunes Match doesn't match what's on the phone. It only matches whats on your computer's library.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA

Scratch that idea then
--
GuruGuy

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

reply to haroldo

This may help:

»discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3991
--
GuruGuy

haroldo

united state

Great link and this »discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3···transfer was very helpful
I usually hate the Apple forums as each question is followed by thirty "I have that issue, too" posts and a handful of posts where people think they're talking directly to Apple and asking them to fix things.
Then, after ten minutes, you might get lucky and find an answer.
I wish that forum would have a Like button, then again...who'd use it?
Expand your moderator at work