Search similar:

uniqs

BMC64
@67.60.122.x

BMC64

Anon

I need advice. Cable internet problems.

Hey all,

I am really frustrated and need some advice. I am on Cable one internet, the 50mbps plan. I have a Motorola Surfboard sbg6580 modem/router. I pull consistent speeds of 52 down and 3.12 up on my desktop, with a ping of 42ms. However, this internet lags so bad on my ps3 console. Games are unplayable. Before you ask, I am using a wired connection. I have given the ps3 a static ip, forwarded ports, and even put it in dmz. No luck. Today I connected my laptop, just to see what kind of speeds it would pull, and using a wired connection I only get 10mbps down. However, on wireless, I get the full 50. I am baffled. It's not a bad cable. I have tried 3 different ones. Connecting the ps3 via wireless doesn't help either. I'm unsure of whether it's a router problem or an internet problem. It's weird, and I'm ready to scream. Any suggestions?

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

/M

BMC64
@107.136.57.x

BMC64

Anon

I've already done that. No improvements, though. I have tried almost everything there is to try. I'm not sure what else to do, other than calling my ISP and hearing the dreadful "Everything looks fine on our end". My pc seems to be the only device that I can get full speed on, which is weird. I rarely use the pc, so that defeats the purpose.
BMC64

BMC64 to mackey

Anon

to mackey
I should also mention that my downstream power levels are not very good. Yesterday they were at -17 dbmv. I'm not sure what kind of role that plays, as my pc was still pulling 52 mbps down and 3.12 up.