join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

3 recommendations

SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0 Pre-Release Download

»forums.superantispyware.com/inde···ownload/

I was wondering why SAS was quiet lately with lack of new versions.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21

1 recommendation

Right on and thank you

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.
reply to antdude

I am not sure yet on the GUI??

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.

2 recommendations

reply to antdude

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Interesting indeed

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Thanks antdude

Looks pretty slick.

Now I'll see how it works.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.

1 recommendation

said by jadinolf:

Thanks antdude

Looks pretty slick.

Now I'll see how it works.

J.D
I am running windows xp can post other images if you can
with newer versions of windows..thanks

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to hayc59

Looks great!
A little too chicken to chicken to deploy a PRE-release though...

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13

2 recommendations

Ditto that. I'm still hanging on to pre-v2 of MBAM til they get the bugs worked out.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.
reply to Dustyn

said by Dustyn:

Looks great!
A little too chicken to chicken to deploy a PRE-release though...

Its running real swell..fast as a bullet
but..MBAM is still the bomb

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA

Looking good here, G.

Probably a few quirks but that's OK.
--

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.
reply to antdude

SUPERAntiSpyware Pre-Release V6.0. Build 1032

Heya guys!
We have updated the pre-release download with a new build today! Inside System Tools is a preview of our primary snazzy new feature for version 6, System Investigator :cool:
Yes, it's a preview; but we wanted to get it into the hands of our testers to get your feedback on it. It's intended for somewhat tech-savvy users, though we've done our best to present the information in a way that anyone could use it.

What does it do?
It shows you files of interest on your system located in key areas (most common infection points). Running programs, installed programs, browser plugins, programs with shortcuts on your desktop, start menu, etc; programs in the registry, temp folders, internet cache folders, document folders, well, you get the idea. If it's running or configured to run (automatically), it should be in that list... if it's not, we want to hear from you!
Everything found on your system will be checked against our whitelist database of millions of files and trusted software publishers to determine what's good and it gets moved to it's own category so you can safely ignore those.
Items that aren't in our whitelist ("Unknown Items") are able to be voted on by our users. Voting will move the item into a different list to narrow down your real list of "Unknowns", and will also help our malware researchers add items to our whitelist or identify potential threats or unwanted programs. Everyone sees vote counters for unknown items to help identify good/bad files. You can leave a comment/note when you vote and you can view the comments from other users on the file details.

SAS Pro Feature: See changes to the files in these key areas within a selected time period. If something has messed with a program, or added itself, you'll see right away!

Why is this in SUPERAntiSpyware?
We have a dedicated team of developers and malware researchers (and users!) who feverishly hunt down malware and improve our scanner every day... But there's just no possible way that any scanner can find everything all the time. I kid you not, we get over 150,000 unique malware samples every day. We fill up a 6 TB RAID every month.
We use a whole bunch of custom tools to organize, triage, identify and create definitions for malware.... So we thought - if we could give SAS users access to some of the technology we use for malware research; there'd be another way we could help folks clean their machines if a scan didn't do it automatically.. Plus, we're users too! We use SAS to clean the PCs of our friends and families, and how cool would it be to be able to tap into the resources we have at work when we're at a friend's house?

What's missing in the preview?
The whitelist and voting database is not the live data. Expect many, many more results to be automatically moved into your "Known Good" lists when we're out of beta. Though feel free to vote on things, the data won't be lost.
We disabled removal/uninstall options for now as we're still implementing things like quarantine integration.
Online viewable reporting isn't implemented on our website yet. This feature will let you create a unique URL for each run of the System Investigator that will mimic the results on a webpage on our server. Only you will know the URL so you can choose to keep it to yourself or share it with others. You could use it to get help from a friend or a tech help forum or to view your results from another location (more on that below).

SAS Pro Feature: Run System Investigator on a schedule to capture incremental changes to your system (the more often you run it, the more accurate file changes/additions/removals can be detected). Each time you run the System Investigator it creates a "point in time" snapshot of the items on your system; great for knowing exactly when something changed.

SAS Pro Feature: E-mail alerts. We think this'll be a very powerful feature and a big "thank you" to our SAS Pro customers. With it, you can set up scheduled System Investigator tasks to e-mail you the online-viewable report URL so you can remotely monitor a PC. Set up SAS Pro on your Mom's or child's computer and get a daily or weekly report of all the changes to the system. This could also be used for smaller offices where the IT guy can make sure employees aren't messing up their workstation. E-mail alerts will also be available to send the scan log of regular scheduled scanning as well!

I hope you guys enjoy this new stuff, and let us know what you think!
tldr: check out System Investigator under System Tools, it's awesome!
- Dave

Download
»forums.superantispyware.com/inde···ownload/
--
ãrê ¥Øu êxpêriêncêD
Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security13
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
9/11/01 Never Forget
(H59 Clan)

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA

1 edit

G, that link leads me to a May 6th post.

Is that the current download?

Checking I see it is .1032

Danke
--

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.

said by jadinolf:

Danke

yes current version re-uploaded to latest

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

said by hayc59:

said by jadinolf:

Danke

yes current version re-uploaded to latest

Yep no problems here.

Thanks again
--