Premium Member
join:2000-08-16
East Puddle
·Shoreham Telephone

1 edit

koam

Premium Member

Twitter - profile hovercard previews not working

In Chrome, if I click on someone's @name in Twitter, it pops up a preview of that user's profile.

In Firefox, if I click on someones @name in Twitter, it goes to their profile page, no pop up.

I want Firefox to do what Chrome does. How?

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

Re: Twitter - profile popover windows by browser

»support.mozilla.org/en-U ··· shooting

MarkRH
Premium Member
join:2005-02-08
Edmond, OK
ARRIS BGW210-700
ARRIS TM3402
Asus RT-AC68

MarkRH to koam

Premium Member

to koam
I've always gotten the Twitter popup/preview window when clicking on someone's name with Firefox and I have pop-ups blocked with no exceptions set (Options -> Content). Looking at the source, the popup window looks to be handled by some JavaScript. Perhaps you have something that's keeping the necessary JavaScript from loading so it opens the full profile page instead.

I didn't have to do anything to get it to work, it just always has.

koam
Pink Pecker
Premium Member
East Puddle

koam to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
I don't think the ffox pop up settings apply to features within twitter.
koam

koam to MarkRH

Premium Member

to MarkRH
The pop ups I want (twitter profiles) have started to appear in firefox now. I think after restarting firefox, but not rebooting the computer. I didn't change any settings or other software. I don't know why it wasn't working before.
koam

2 edits

koam

Premium Member

And now I've opened a new firefox session and the problem is back. I click on someone's @name in Twitter. It goes directly to that person's profile page, rather than open the profile preview, like it should. (I read that this is called a "hovercard.")

»blog.twitter.com/2010/fl ··· vercards

My firefox is basically stock. I hardly use it and don't mess with the settings.

MarkRH
Premium Member
join:2005-02-08
Edmond, OK
ARRIS BGW210-700
ARRIS TM3402
Asus RT-AC68

MarkRH to koam

Premium Member

to koam

Re: Twitter - profile hovercard previews not working

If I middle-click on the link or right-click and choose open in new tab then it opens the full profile it in a new tab. Maybe you got some setting that is forcing left-clicks to open in a new tab instead.

Might try going to Help -> "Restart with Add-ons disabled" to see what happens then.

koam
Pink Pecker
Premium Member
East Puddle

koam

Premium Member

Thanks. That didn't change anything.

Currently , clicking @name is going to the full profile page.

At other times, it works normally with the hovercard coming up.