spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Athenian
join:2003-06-29
Los Angeles, CA

Athenian

Unable to run Speed tests

I am unable to run either the Flash or the Java speed test.

Using IE10, I get a "Page cannot be displayed" when trying the Flash application and a notice that my security settings have blocked an untrusted application when attempting the Java applet.

What do I have to do to get one of these to work.

Thank you.

Athena
danton
join:2012-05-31
Reynoldsburg, OH

1 recommendation

danton

I was having a similar problem and got it resolved by googling the issue. You need to set your security in Java to Medium settings instead of High. In windows 7, you do that by going to Control Panel>Programs>Java>Security and use the slider bar to change to Medium. Once you have clicked Apply and OK, you will need to restart your browser. When you then run Java Speed Test, you will be asked if you want to run the program and you select Yes. Im not sure how to do this on other operating systems as I only use windows 7. I hope this fixes your problem as it did mine.
Athenian
join:2003-06-29
Los Angeles, CA

Athenian

Thank you very much for a partial solution. I'm able to run the tests by changing the Java security option but I still can't see the result screen. Fortunately, the results are displayed when I back up to the screen to choose the testing node so at least I can get a general idea of what is/isn't happening with my speed.