Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to 78036364

Premium Member

to 78036364

Re: yawn.

said by 78036364:

said by itguy05:

Bzzt, wrong, thanks for playing. Collect your consolation prize at the door.

When you have to be a smart ass to make a point your point is usually wrong.

If it were truly about congestion they would throttle you or cut you off.

This is where it help to know the topic of which you are discussing. Verizon's 700MHz LTE is on the lower C block which has special rules. And those rules specially prevent Verizon from doing those very things.

(a) Applicability. This section shall apply only to the authorizations for Block C in the 746-757 and 776-787 MHz bands assigned and only if the results of the first auction in which licenses for such authorizations are offered satisfied the applicable reserve price.

(b) Use of devices and applications. Licensees offering service on spectrum subject to this section shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice on the licensee's C Block network

They would also not sell absurdly large buckets of data.

They sell up to 50 GB and it costs $375. How many single line or 2 line customers can they possibly have for that? Also you can have up to 10 devices on an account so 50 GB/10= 5 GB each.

Yea they break the 700mhz rules all the time. nexus 7 LTE? well good luck with that one.

Or they don't throttle, YouTube says other wise.

Verizon does what ever it wants, they didn't give all of NYC FIOS they those so called "rules" told them to, so why on earth does anyone think they wouldn't break the speed limiting one or any of the other 700mhz rules. Who can prove that they are really are breaking them?

You could use 1TB on that 50GB plan at $15 per GB and use that at peak times to screw every one else over. T-Mobile has folks using 300+GB and they are the fastest 4G LTE network speed test wise. How can that be?

110 mill VS 40-42 mill ok so 1/3 of the customers, smaller foot print able to use unlimited data for $30 a month VS $40 for 1GB on Verizon's share plan. Tell me how Verizon is slower and sells LESS data for MORE how does this make for such a gap?

It's because Verizon doesn't care a dump about speed at this point, only a nice little map that is total BS.

I know if/when they kill my unlimited, I will quit because there is no point for some one in city to sign up for such small caps at rip off pricing when they could get unlimited for less than the freaking 1GB plan. I don't even want to see there other pricing.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to 78036364

to 78036364
Despite spending money on spectrum and deployment they managed a 51% profit margin. That $3.6 billion was nothing to them, merely the cost of doing business in an insanely profitable market.

They've actually been incredibly slow at deploying more spectrum. They won't shut down their 2G network until the end of the decade, and who knows how much spectrum they're squatting on.
sonicmerlin

sonicmerlin to 78036364

to 78036364
Your bolded text only says Verizon can't prevent people from inserting an LTE SIM card into a compatible device and using that on Verizon's network. It says absolutely nothing about network management.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to 78204168

to 78204168
said by 78204168:

congestion due to the unlimited data thing is a myth. Congestion is the result of too many people saturating 1 tower at one time. Put up more towers to load balance the network and the congestion doesn't happen.

well from what i've read, a lot of this is determined by local municipal ordinances, many of which heavily restrict the ability to install new towers of any sort. i think city/state governments usually despise them for appearance reasons.

but in theory, i think this is the right solution. if your network is congested to the point of degrading users' experience heavily, it should be the network managers' task to provide more throughput in whatever way possible. limiting/throtlling users is a stopgap for a bigger problem.
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz to ArrayList

to ArrayList
Unlimited is only reason I stick with Sprint as I'm using over 10GB/month. Would rather have 3-5Mbps unlimited than 100Mbps with a cap. Though am now getting 30-40Mbps on Sprint Spark more regularly now, at least between home/work. They need to get Spark on _every_ site and then should be in good shape.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

MovieLover76 to ArrayList

to ArrayList
Not gonna happen lol.
That's why I'm happily on MetroPCS paying $60 for completely unlimited talk,text and data

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to ArrayList

to ArrayList
What's even stupider is that there aren't even any phones that support this.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to MovieLover76

Premium Member

to MovieLover76
Wish they covered my area... and let me byod

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList
How quickly can you hit your cap now? 15 minutes?

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

1 recommendation

SimbaSeven to ArrayList

to ArrayList
I can just see it.

Inside the board room. "We can increase speeds so our customers will go over their caps even faster. Imagine the profits!"

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I've noticed a lot of the 4G devices that can't do XLTE are greatly discounted or being given away free.