All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Makasinsoul
join:2014-05-19

Makasinsoul

Here is some hope.

I can't tolerate these people my self. I will give you poor frontier customers like my self hope. I had download of around 8000 Mbps and upload over a Mbps. Here is how I did it, I was happy with it, minus the fact which I canceled it, they took over a month to come and put a proper line in. I had a blue cat 5 cable running a crossed my lawn, with my grass like 6 inches high because they never came as promised, to put the line in the ground. It's frontier I should of known better.
You call them up and tell them you want as many DSL lines as you can afford. I had 4 at around 2 mbs each. You can have as many as you want, if you can afford 20 you will get 40mbps down or so. Buy a cheap pentium 4 computer with as many PCI slots as you can find. It caps at 6 from what I saw, but I only needed 5. Buy the cheap Intel PCI LAN cards. You won't need a big hard drive, or over a gun of ram, and on board graphics are fine, as you won't need to see graphics.
Once they install the lines, run Ethernet from all the modems to you PCI LAN cards. Then with the last PCI LAN run it to a wireless router, or if you want more then 5 DSL lines, run it to the next computer, with 6 more PCI Ethernet. Install bsd/ pfsense to the computer. It's been awhile, but it's not all that hard to set up. It takes a bit of tinkering to figure it out though. I will help where I can if you have problems. Your goal is to get it to give all bandwidth to one user, when it's needed, but this software is better than any router, so it will share it to every one on your wireless nicely.
Now you can only download at those speeds with a download manager, or bit torrent. You need it to try and download the file in parts, and multi times. Thus you will download at all the DSL lines at once. Anyways don't even think frontier will help you lol. They don't even understand you can do this, I don't know why. It isn't any different then how they share the t1 lines to every one. Anyways enjoy your almost cable speeds, at a outrageous price lol. They gave me a deal though it was only 10 dollars extra per line. This is a must to do if you have more then one person using the internet. It is also going to drain every one around you internet. But with 5+ lines you have a good chance it won't be yours getting lag lol.
As I said I loved it, if they came and put the stupid line in the ground, which btw was like 200+ feet from the road to my house just dangling on the ground. Work great I was able to download at times 1 mb per second, and I don't mean bits. 60 Meg's a minute. It was a great day when I got it to work, I almost felt I had good internet.
MDrules
join:2014-02-24
Fort Wayne, IN

MDrules

Frontier is very well aware of pfsense/ipcop/any other router out there. It's just that Frontier doesn't support it. I personally use pfsense and I think it is really awesome. It doesn't have a limit of 6, I get the 2 port gigabit Rosewill for $30. I have a total of 8 ports in my pfsense box.

That aside, I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with Frontier service. It sounds like from your previous post that you were mostly concerned about your wifi speed/connection of the modem/router. Personally, I don't like wifi and run gigabit ports. If you're not happy with the built in wifi I would just use your own.
Makasinsoul
join:2014-05-19

Makasinsoul

Yeah I ended up buying one, which in didn't think I had to, I think they should upgrade their old crap to the newer stuff, but it's frontier, they don't do that. No I really wish I had good internet, I just gave up on frontier ever doing that.
I want a dual band n router, because a stream my PC to my I pad, to play games and watch movies. So I don't waste my little space on my I pad for movies, and sense frontier doesn't give me the ability to streamed movies from the internet.
I am in the process of building a house, and sadly where I picked is frontier only lol. When I do that I am going to try again. Ask them nicely to put in 10 DSL lines, which should give me almost 2 mbs down, and 400kbs up. Or 20mbps down, and 4mbs up. Although since the box is overloaded as it is, I am sure it won't work that good.
I went with NETGEAR DGND3700v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router 2.4/5ghz which i think should be standard. Atleast I got it for 36.
And your right they def don't support it, but they don't support anything.