uniqs

PlusOne
@50.182.54.x

PlusOne to APG

Anon

to APG

Re: Then again...

said by APG:

There's no doubt that some cable customers do suffer from poor service... either problems that don't seem to get resolved or take too many calls to resolve.

Sorry... but at 7pm, we're not going to be able to get a tech out to the house that evening. We don't decide what NFL games to show on Sunday... the NFL dictates that to the networks. Alas, we can't really help much with a wireless router that isn't ours. And sadly, the customer can't name his own price for monthly service. Etc., etc., etc.

It's stuff like that that accounts for many of low customer survey scores, and presumably with independent satisfaction surveys.

+1

Lack of options to go elsewhere for most people turns every minor problem in to a major catastrophe. Like a long time married couple that won't divorce and constantly snipe at each other.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Why not. Cable is a 24x7 SERVICE business and that is what I am paying for. So I "expect" that response is in kind. A service outage no matter when it happens is still a service outage.

And only servicing when people have to work (and showing up or not) REALLY pisses off people. If service was scheduled around people's lives satisfaction would go up tremendously. This is simply not consumer-friendly.

My Dell laptop breaks, I can call at 2AM and they respond. Sure it's broken english, but the resistance of the operators to run a 24x7 business and service during bankers hours with ultra premium pricing is just arrogant--hence their oligopoly status or worse.

Even my bank has hours until 8PM now--not that I go.

The other issue is pricing and bundles. They are not uniform, fair, predatory, etc. It's almost like going to buy a car to sign up for cable. If you are good a negotiating, you can make out. If not you get shafted. People resent that.

bundling - A SOX violation in almost any business, but perfectly legal in cable. This is bulls**t. People HATE paying for what they are not watching and KNOW they are getting screwed.

Even in wireless which makes obscene profits, quality is higher because:

1. Stores are open later and service is better.
2. While prices can be hidden, that is slowly going away and you know upfront what you are looking at.
3. The product itself while somewhat reliable provides true value to most people.