dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« metropcs... »
This is a sub-selection from As an AT&T post paid customer..
broadbandmav
join:2014-01-08
New Rochelle, NY

broadbandmav to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz

Re: As an AT&T post paid customer..

said by gigahurtz:

I plan on switching to Cricket. I am currently on the Mobile Share Value plan sharing 2 GB of data between three phones. I'm paying around $140 a month after taxes & fees.

That monthly rate sounds quite high.

Are you on no-contract pricing? I can share 10 gigs with 2 lines on AT&T MSV for about $120-125 after taxes & fees.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

On AT&T's website, sharing 10 GB of data between two lines on MSV plans is $130 a month before taxes.

You must be receiving a discount through your employer that is allowing you to get it at $120-125 after taxes/fees.

»www.att.com/shop/wireles ··· GD61GKai
broadbandmav
New Rochelle, NY

broadbandmav

Correct. Are you able to take advantage of any corporate discounts?
$140 is an awful lot for 2 gigs. Not criticizing, just want to help.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

No worries, I appreciate the help.

I actually have a discount from a previous employer (I'm now self employed) so I am getting a 17% discount and my bill is actually $130 after taxes/fees for 2 GB of data for 3 lines. We actually rarely go over, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it while paying less.

I've been with AT&T since 1999 and overall I'm pleased with their improvements in their network. I tried T-Mobile recently which my parents used while traveling abroad for the free international data and I wasn't impressed with their coverage here at all.
broadbandmav
New Rochelle, NY

1 edit

broadbandmav

Possible off-contract plan suggestion:

10 gig Mobile Share Value = $100 - $17 (employer discount) = $83
Smartphone access ($15) x 3 lines = $45

Total: $128 before taxes and fees

Note: Being self-employed, you could also try the organization discount from the Freelancers Union (which I believe is 22%). I think it's free to join.

»www.freelancersunion.org ··· t-and-t/

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

I thought about that, it would be approximately $10 more per month than what I'm paying currently ($140). I would save $40/mo switching to Cricket and I really can't think of a reason not too (?)
gigahurtz

gigahurtz to broadbandmav

Premium Member

to broadbandmav
Thank you for the information on freelancersunion. I am currently chatting with AT&T now to see if I can get this applied to my account.
« metropcs... »
This is a sub-selection from As an AT&T post paid customer..