uniqs

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to htin11

Premium Member

to htin11

Re: Contact is up in 1 month...what to do?

So you think 150/35 is the same as 100/5?

Drop to the Verizon 75/35 plan, save alot of $$ which is really 84/42 and your still more than 10X the upload as TWC

shmee
join:2005-04-03
Phoenixville, PA

shmee to jarablue

to jarablue
Just wanted to follow up. I renewed today. I had double play with Extreme HD for tv and 75/35 for internet. When I went to place the renewal order online, I noticed in the fine print a mention of an RSN fee. I have not had this fee assessed yet since becoming a FiOS customer back in 2010.

I called in and found out that this was likely due to either a glitch in the system or just being grandfathered or something like that. Yadda yadda yadda... the moral of the story is that there's no way to avoid this fee coming into the picture if I renew.

So I went to retention. Ultimately, I ended up dropping from Extreme to Preferred HD (only going to lose a few channels I don't even watch anyway) and keeping 75/35, so still a double play. The retention rep threw in a $15/mo credit (after much debate over the RSN fee) and I have a $5 credit tied to my internet service so long as I keep an active agreement. All said and done, I'm getting the two services at $99.99/mo before equipment charges, taxes and fees. After all that junk added on, I'm looking at a hair over $129/mo (this includes two non-dvr hd stbs).

I'm happy. Don't think I could've any better, and Comcast's deals in my area just weren't enticing enough considering how rock solid FiOS internet has been for me these past four years.

Lex Luthor
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY

Lex Luthor

Mod

said by Lex Luthor:

Contract is up next week. I really would rather not leave.

I came in on a great deal. I've been paying $115/mo (after tax) for Extreme TV, 15/5 and DV. I have a $15/mo discount on the bill and then some sort of extra $20/mo discount they've been applying manually (screwing up 1/2 the time, but always seeing it listed and agreeing to credit me when I call in), plus free MR-DVR for life promo.

Today I called and they are offering, the package for $115, minus $20/mo for only 12 months, MR-DVR still free and no term. That comes to $130/mo after taxes. So basically $20/mo discount instead of $35/mo discount.

I couldn't get them to give me Quantum FiOS at any real discount and couldn't get them to give me a prepaid card.

Think this is the best I can get out of Verizon? I'd probably take it if so, but wouldn't mind pushing them for more. Plus, now I have to go through this again in 12 months rather than 24 months.

Also, they can tell there's no order in the system because there's no phone port pending. When he asked me if I was getting a new number or porting, I should have said something about getting annoyance calls to my current number, so I figured it was time to get a new number. May have helped the bluff.

Cablevision is at $121 in year 1 and $133 in year 2 for similar services, so no great savings there.

I wound up accepting this today.

I don't think I could have gotten any more out of them.

Note on calendar to call back up again in a year when this new $20/mo discount expires.

jarablue
Always be true to yourself
join:2001-06-11
Worcester, MA

jarablue

Is it possible to switch the service over to my wifes name and quality for new customer offers?