dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned)

#1 reason why the Comcast deal needs to be killed is on TWC's site.

Click for full size
No HD fees, Internet data cap or early termination fees
Right there smack on the front page of TimeWarnerCable.com I saw an interesting advertisement.

Do you reckon we'll ever see something like this plastered on Comcast or Charter's main page?

I sure like the looks of Time Warner's main page more than I like the looks of this:
»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· llowance
»www.myaccount.charter.co ··· malusage

xer008
Premium Member
join:2000-05-22
socal

xer008

Premium Member

LOL maybe they will honor existing customers no cap,
all new ones will get reamed.

Who knows, comcast said 'no, no caps' then they said 'yes caps'
Even TWs CEO likes the idea of caps
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20 to 46436203

Premium Member

to 46436203
Their ads suck so bad! The TV ones with that actor are so inane. I cringe every time one comes on...the one about the gal about to get married and one of her bridesmaids grabs a DSL modem for her something "old" to wear and then that same actor that is in your screenshot appears in the doorway....GAG! that is one of the most stupid ads I've ever seen. ALL of their ads now have that scruffy creep in them! Very unprofessional to have TWC represented by a guy that looks like he's a Meth head!

I hope the Comcast ads are a little more professional. The HawaiianTelcom ads here are professional looking and well done. They are superior to the Oceanic TWC ones.

But neither ISP EVER mentions upload speed which is extremely weird I think. Neither mention caps either.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

1 recommendation

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Are you talking about the guy in the image posted above? He's not an actor. He's the former head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers:
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bi ··· l_Cowher
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

He is? I've never heard of him. I live in Hawaii and football is not that big a thing here. (I was a big Razorback fan growing up but never, ever was interested in Pro football). Why is he doing TV ads for TWC internet?

Hawaiian Telcom has local ads. Oceanic needs to do the same. I hope Oceanic is able to go independent as getting snarfed into Comcast is going to be a disaster.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

2 recommendations

ke4pym to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

Are you talking about the guy in the image posted above? He's not an actor. He's the former head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers:
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bi ··· l_Cowher

And what's worse is when you call support you have to listen to him yack his flap for 45 seconds before the IVR let's you pick any options.

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

1 recommendation

ARGONAUT to 46436203

Premium Member

to 46436203
Cable companies speak with forked tongue.
ITGeeks
join:2014-04-20
Cleveland, OH

ITGeeks to Mele20

to Mele20
Oceanic is to a point. It's an interesting agreement with TWC.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

2 recommendations

chip89 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
I've never heard of him. & I live in Ohio!

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to 46436203

to 46436203
To be fair the Charter cap is not enforced, and the Charter CEO has said he doesn't like caps and doesn't want to implement them.
ITGeeks
join:2014-04-20
Cleveland, OH

ITGeeks

Also its safe and should be noted that TWC/RR has in BOTH of their TOS/AUPs that they reserve the right to add any fees or caps if going over a set amount- which is not even disclosed.
46436203 (banned)

46436203 (banned)

Click for full size
Yeah, well, I'll take some vague "protect our ass" language buried away in the ToS over Comcast's set in stone caps and overage fees any day.

COMCAST would expect $800 in overage fees every month for this kind of usage.

Time Warner gives exactly zero fucks.

Comcast tries to ream its customers so hard that they make Time Warner look like a champion of consumer value.
horseshoe
Premium Member
join:2006-10-11
Upland, CA

horseshoe to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
Coach has the wireless headphones I would like Santa to deliver me, early

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

The only suggestion I have is switch providers now. Once Comcast takes over, there will be a back log of orders for Verizon FIOS, Dish Network and Direct TV in my area, WNY.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Rick4769:

The only suggestion I have is switch providers now. Once Comcast takes over, there will be a back log of orders for Verizon FIOS, Dish Network and Direct TV in my area, WNY.

Hypothetical speculation.

Hob

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to ke4pym

to ke4pym
I was just about to post that.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
said by Rick4769:

LOL, best laugh I've had all day. 99% of WNY can't get Fios because Craprizon doesn't know how to run a business to make an ROI so they can expand their overhyped service. And With the lack of MSG, YES and SNY almost no one will go with Dish.

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769

Not a laugh but a fact. Everyone doesn't watch sports so Dish Network is made for them. If you want sports, Direct TV and FIOS is the way to go. I had TWC and now I have FIOS. It is like night and day with faster internet uploads, crystal clear picture and a digital phone that won't cut out when the power dies. As soon as I heard Comcast was going to merge with TWC, that was my signal to leave. Plus I got a $400.00 Visa card after 60 days of service. Comcast and TWC are on the bottom when it comes to customer service. The thing I don't understand is how could TWC actually be worse than Comcast in customer service? Plus, the behemoth Comcast will likely institute a CAP!
46436203 (banned)

46436203 (banned)

So it's not.

I don't watch sports and Dish Network sure as hell isn't made for me. They rape the picture quality on their channels so hard that their service is completely unwatchable.

Dish Network only appeals to non-sports fans who are blind. Their non-sports channel lineup is also really pathetic still compared to the non-sports channel lineups of cable providers.

Also, calling Verizon's picture quality "crystal clear" is laughable. It's just as terrible as every other cable provider for the bulk of their channels and they don't have a single channel on their lineup that doesn't suffer from compression artifacts.

You do a double blind test with me between a Blu-ray copy of a program and that same program aired on a Verizon FiOS TV channel and I will point out the Blu-ray version correctly every time.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Their ads suck so bad! The TV ones with that actor are so inane. I cringe every time one comes on...the one about the gal about to get married and one of her bridesmaids grabs a DSL modem for her something "old" to wear and then that same actor that is in your screenshot appears in the doorway....GAG! that is one of the most stupid ads I've ever seen. ALL of their ads now have that scruffy creep in them! Very unprofessional to have TWC represented by a guy that looks like he's a Meth head!

Yeah the ads are creepy

Also CABLE coaxial cable is only 2 years newer then twisted pair of wires