uniqs
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf to VmedCustomer

to VmedCustomer

Re: Vmedia Review ( not a good one)

said by VmedCustomer :

Alittlegreen - call recording its very easy and not easy. For callcenters of company like VMedia with 10 CS reps its not a problem, but its takes too much server resources in big callcenters. so it can be disabled.

Screenshots require a fair amount of disk space. Audio only really doesn't. Admittedly, my experience has only been with very large organizations (companies with thousands of people performing some kind of telephone-based customer-facing work), but I know for a fact that every call was audio recorded when I was at Dell, and I know that some of the larger outsourcing companies have 100% screen capture as well.

Though your numbers are backwards. A license for a call recording software like NICE or Verint can cost $300,000 just for the server, plus seat licensing costs. When you have a small staff of maybe 5-10 people (or only 4, when I was working for a small IISP 12 years ago), it's prohibitive. When you have a staff of hundreds, that $300k for the server doesn't actually change, so the cost is much more distributed. Disk space is pocket change compared to licensing the software.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to nekkidtruth

Premium Member

to nekkidtruth

A CSR should NOT, I repeat NOT discriminate against helping a customer on the basis of what content a customer might be pulling in.

Debating this point is a side issue to the OP's original lament, and unfortunately has become the main issue here.

The CSR had no right to criticize motive - JUST HELP THE OP TO FIX HIS !@#$ PROBLEM, PLEASE !

And if they actually recorded the call(s), then George is handling things properly, given the discussion here so far.

If not, then the CSR's typed notes about the call(s) would not suffice, due to possible bias.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

Of course it would be nice if CSR's could solve all of the world problems, but that's not realistic.

What if his torrent client is set up incorrectly and is causing issues with his connection? What if he's going through a VPN that's causing an issue? The ISP is not responsible for every single thing on the Internet. They are responsible for your connection to the Internet, what you do from there is your problem. If the line isn't showing any issues, what do you expect the CSR to do? Obviously we all know there are issues that don't necessarily show up to the CSR through their tools and sometimes you need to just roll a truck to physically check the lines, but I'm sorry...they're not going to do that because your torrents are running slow.

Regardless, the CSR wouldn't be discriminating in this case as NO ISP will touch pirating with a 10' pole and as of right now it's the OP's word against well...no one else, whether the CSR initiated the pirating portion of the original post. It isn't news that as soon as you introduce something new to the equation (router, vpn, torrenting) that an ISP immediately shifts the blame.

If there's truly an issue with this person's line, George will ensure it gets taken care of as has been proven multiple times around this forum. We see a LOT of one post wonders who come, complain, George responds and then we never hear from them again. Wonder why that is? I don't. Most times these posts are ridiculously over-dramatic and people are just pissed (Understandably so for some situations).

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

3 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Yes to all except one thing.

Given that downloading of a wide variety of content these days has become a defacto standard (and many new jobs building more jails would be created if all who might be breaking a copyright law were prosecuted), the legalities should take a back seat to fixing customers' problems in a purely technological sense.

If any ISP develops a reputation of openly and proactively not helping customers on that basis alone, then they stand to lose customers.

I agree that it's a fine line which the ISPs tread in that matter, and predict that it will all run its course.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

But we're not really debating the legalities of downloading. VMedia is not the only ISP to deflect issues not pertaining to their connection to the Internet based on downloading movies etc. ISP's have been doing that for a very long time and have yet to see a mass exodus of customers.

If there truly is an issue with this person's Internet connection, there will definitely be evidence of this elsewhere at some point and just as any other ISP, VMedia would resolve it.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Possibly I've been the victim of plum dumb luck, but I have had several ISPs over the years, and have never had one raise that point with me, so mayhaps my perspective is skewed.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

Perhaps, but simply call any ISP and tell them your torrents are slow and see how many actually care. They may go through the bare minimum such as recycling your connection, a few speedtests and maybe some pinging...but when your connection shows up fine, that's where their support ends.

If it's even possible, support was even worse when they were deliberately traffic-shaping.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by nekkidtruth:

....If it's even possible, support was even worse when they were deliberately traffic-shaping.

But at least THEN, Indie ISPs were quick (at least on DSLR) to point the finger at each incumbent as such throttling became evident.

Some even conjured up and openly promoted workarounds such as MLPPP to deal with how Bell was doing it, and which is thankfully not necessary anymore.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to Zorica

to Zorica
I am sorry u had such a terrible experience, Regardless how you use your connection The Tech Should help fix it,- Regardless what Georges Notes say , I assume something happened because What person in Tech Support would EVER write down that he did that in the notes ? thats begging to be fired. Voice recordings would ofc be more Concrete evidence.

Also Zorica Please Do remeber to entertain us with your LINUX iso Downloads only.

So perhaps share What u need assistance with?
PHLN
join:2003-07-31

PHLN to Zorica

to Zorica
This is pretty much my experience when dealing with Vmedia customer representatives. Very poor trained.

My last incident was the difficulty of arranging a modem location move within the same premise. It took several calls and emails to convince the representative at Vmedia that I should not be charge more than the standard new installation cost (they wanted to charge me over $100 just to move the modem location). I kept insisting that this should be no more simple than a address change, and it took considerable more time and effort than it need to be to rectify the situation.

Lets not even talk about my installation nightmare. Been repressing it as much as possible.

Currently, now, I am struggling with getting my account change to the new rate. Vmedia just decrease my rate plan by $5, yet the customer support personnel does not know any details about it when it comes to existing customers. How is it possible for a employee to not be briefed properly on new offering? Do Vmedia not have meetings to communicate changes internally?

In the end, you lose a lot of professionalism and customer service by going with a 3rd party ISP. I can't stress that enough for people who want to jumped onto the Vmedia's train. Be prepare to deal with poorly trained representatives in exchange for lower monthly fees.

Hopefully they can sort out your situation. Maybe you should start recording conversation with Vmedia each time if Vmedia does not record all the conversations. At least then, you have proof that you were accused and treated poorly.
GeorgeBurger
join:2011-12-30

GeorgeBurger

You're on quite a tear PHLN, hope you get it all out of your system. In case others are interested, I have responded to what I though was your only post on the Cogeco intro thread, so others may want to have a look. But generally speaking I am surpirised to hear about all your issues, and would be keen to look into it if only you would provide me with your ID details. As you can see if you read the entire thread, it doesn't really endorse your experience, when you take into account our response, but I leave that up to you.Best regards George.
PHLN

PHLN

said by GeorgeBurger:

You're on quite a tear PHLN, hope you get it all out of your system. In case others are interested, I have responded to what I though was your only post on the Cogeco intro thread, so others may want to have a look. But generally speaking I am surpirised to hear about all your issues, and would be keen to look into it if only you would provide me with your ID details. As you can see if you read the entire thread, it doesn't really endorse your experience, when you take into account our response, but I leave that up to you.Best regards George.

"On quite a tear"? Seriously George?

Being deeply disturbed that I have consistently received poor customer supports due to lack of training and generally knowledge from a company that I support and trust due to a highly technical and experience representative is an invalid response?

People like to talk to others that has similar experience. This ring ever more true when it comes to bad experiences.

There are multiple separate experience that showcase the lackluster vibe that a customer get when dealing with Vmedia on DSLreports and all of a sudden its frown upon to join those discussions simultaneously? You do have to realize that its not efficient to talk to one poster by posting on a different thread that he might not be in.

HenryA
join:2011-05-28

HenryA

Really?

The only thing I take away from your posts PHLN, is you're kind of a dick. I'd say most customers are satisfied with Vmedia.
PHLN

PHLN

said by HenryA:

Really?

The only thing I take away from your posts PHLN, is you're kind of a dick. I'd say most customers are satisfied with Vmedia.

I am quite surprise as such criticism toward me. Regardless, I won't let the thread derailed into personal attacks and name calling so I will shrug it off.

Speaking of customer satisfaction with Vmedia, I won't deny your statement. I been catching up on the threads lately and it does seem like a trend that when it work, it work great. The problem lies in getting assistance when it does not work.