Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Man finds baby moose , takes it to Tim Hortons

I kid you not.

Apparetly he found a 2 day old baby moose at the side of the highway that kept trying to walk into traffic, and couldn't be wooed back into the bush.

So he took it home for the night as the wildlife shelter was closed. He decided to get a coffee on the way to the shelter the next morning.

It's the kind of story as Canadian as maple syrup - a northern Ontario man found a two-day-old baby moose on the side of the highway, picked it up and took it to Tim Hortons.

"She still had the umbilical cord and was still wet when I found her," Stephan Michel Desgroseillers of Copper Cliff, Ont., told Shirley Erkila, who posted a video of her petting the calf outside the coffee shop near Sudbury, Ont., on Monday.

And the comments are full of haters who say he should have just left it.

»www.torontosun.com/2014/ ··· -hortons
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

That doesn't sound like a really nice thing to do with the best intentions, but you have to wonder where it's mother was. If it had just been born you'd think she was in the vicinity somewhere.

Once you take it away it the odds of him reuniting with his mother are nil. Then again if it's mother was long gone, then it's odds of surviving the night are also nil. Damned if you do and damned if you don't....
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

The mother doesn't seem to have been around. Maybe she died during the birth, or at least was injured.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
So he did the right thing assuming he waited for several hours in hopes that the mom would show up, has poor taste in coffee & baked goods, and likes to post stuff on social media.

Yes the comments are, well, so SUN like.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
or something is wrong with the baby. animals do that all the time leave the young to die if something is wrong with it. Most of the so called haters on the story have never seen an animal outside a TV show or zoo.

Seems to post on-line peoples IQ must lower.

If you ignore all the retarded comments a few said a moose was hit and killed by a car in the area where the guy find the baby that day.
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Anyone who has spent some time in the bush knows that a baby moose is never far from it's mother.. and be damned if you get in between the mom and her calf...

Just like a Bear and her cubs

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to TOPDAWG

Premium Member

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

If you ignore all the retarded comments a few said a moose was hit and killed by a car in the area where the guy find the baby that day.

That's gotta be either a tank or the smallest moose known to man to be killed. A full grown moose would take out the dinky toys we call cars today in a heartbeat.

Bender2000
Bite My Shiny Metal Ass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-06
J7W 8E4

Bender2000

Premium Member

are you serious? Even the smallest car driving at highway speed will kill a moose if there is a collision. Do you honestly think cars just bounce off moose and the moose simply walks away?

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

I'd think even if a moose is hit and lives they're legs would get broken most times and have to be put down.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by TOPDAWG:

I'd think even if a moose is hit and lives they're legs would get broken most times and have to be put down.

Agreed, but the car would be a complete wreck as well. A car doesn't get to crash into 2 tons of solid meat and drive away either.

EQ

source: I'm from a really small town where car and moose and car and deer collisions happen frequently, the car is always toast.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Thought the topic was the start of a joke....

A man takes his moose to Tim Hortons.
The manager says "we don't get many moose in here".
Moose replies "At these prices, I can see why"

Bender2000
Bite My Shiny Metal Ass
Premium Member
J7W 8E4

Bender2000 to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
No disputing that.
balur
join:2010-04-28

balur to WhaleOilBee

to WhaleOilBee
said by WhaleOilBee:

A man takes his moose to Tim Hortons.
The manager says "we don't get many moose in here".
Moose replies "At these prices, I can see why"

Alternate punchline

Moose replies "Well not since you started freezing the donuts"

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

2 recommendations

WhaleOilBee

Man walks into Tim Horton's with a moose.
Manager says "where did you find that ugly gangly looking thing?"
Man says "by the side of the road".
Manager says "I was talking to the moose"

Sorry, it's Friday.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Bender2000

Premium Member

to Bender2000
said by Bender2000:

are you serious? Even the smallest car driving at highway speed will kill a moose if there is a collision. Do you honestly think cars just bounce off moose and the moose simply walks away?

At highway speeds the driver of the car will probably end up dead before the moose does.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by Gone:

said by Bender2000:

At highway speeds the driver of the car will probably end up dead before the moose does.

Alot of times a car will go under the moose taking out its legs and then the moose falling on top of the vehicle.

Its easy to clip a moose on its hind legs only to have it get up and run off into the bush to die

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

That's usually why people get killed, all of the mass ends up going straight into the windshield and onto the people in the front seats.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Is Moose and Squirrel
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to Bender2000

Premium Member

to Bender2000
Take DJ's recently purchased econoboxes. He'd total the car before killing a moose

Bender2000
Bite My Shiny Metal Ass
Premium Member
J7W 8E4

Bender2000 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Yes but I was not disputing the condition of the car or the driver. I was simply stating that it doesn't take a "tank" or extremely small moose for the moose to be killed by a car. A car killing a moose in a collision does not require the car to survive the ordeal.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

1 edit

jaberi to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Eeyore the missing Leduc County donkey has been found

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/e ··· .2652824
--------------------------------------------------------------

ok mama and her cub together
calf is still without mama
but the missing donkey has been found

this week dedicated to the animals!!!

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Take DJ's recently purchased econoboxes. He'd total the car before killing a moose

nice try elwood...if you ran your Escape into a moose, it would be destroyed too.

this isn't an Escape, but a similar sized Jeep version of what you have (looks like a Patriot).

»news.nationalpost.com/20 ··· ed-away/

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Are you kidding me? I work for a rent a car company and drive a lot of different cars, they're much lighter then my Escape is.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

How do you think a Canada Moose would do against a Ford Bronco?
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

1 recommendation

Doonz (banned)

said by PX Eliezer1:

How do you think a Canada Moose would do against a Ford Bronco?

Ive seen Rigs destroyed by moose. A puny LT wouldn't stand a chance

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
FYI, since I live in the area, this is a fairly populated area of the city, its Greater Sudbury, which encompasses Copper Cliff.

Anywho, its dumb idiots that make all of us look bad.

Also, in other news, there was a 2 vehicle collision between a Chevy Cavalier and a rig, the rig driver suffered minor injuries and the Cavalier driver was airlifed to Toronto hospital with critical injuries....

I'd put my money on the moose...a deer, maybe another story because my fiancee has a Santa Fe and ran into a deer, the deer didn't make it but her vehicle showed minor damage, but a moose is about 3x the weight of a deer, so I guess its that "unstoppable force meets immovable object".

Anywho, I guess its why people think we are podunks up here.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by Bender2000:

most times yes, but some are lucky at times....

Photos show what's left of an SUV after highway encounter with a moose...Amazingly, the driver walked away.

»news.nationalpost.com/20 ··· ed-away/
jaberi

jaberi to Bender2000

to Bender2000
said by Bender2000:

ouch take a look at these

»www.google.ca/search?q=p ··· &bih=635
jaberi

jaberi to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Highway fences cut moose-car crashes, wildlife expert tells court in lawsuit

»www.ctvnews.ca/canada/hi ··· .1766100
-------------------------------------------------------

you can't predict when the wild animal decides to cross the highway, when they do watch out and ouch it happens so fast..
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

1 edit

IamGimli (banned) to Bender2000

to Bender2000
Click for full size
said by Bender2000:

It can but there's absolutely no certainty it will. I don't drive a small car by any standard (Hyundai Genesis) and two years ago hit a deer (MUCH smaller than a moose) which caused $17k worth of damage to the car and the deer just kept on going. The tow truck driver which recovered my car, being a fellow hunter, tried to track it to see if it just limped away to die nearby but was never able to find it.

There's no doubt in my mind that deer was feeling me for a long time (certainly had some internal injuries) but there's no evidence of it dying as a result of the accident. There wasn't even a drop of blood either on my car, the road or the snow banks on either sides of the road.