spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mount laurel
@155.216.5.x

mount laurel

Anon

[Content] Boomerang Channel Rebrand

Maybe the Boomerang channel will be added soon now that they will be adding commercials.

»www.nickandmore.com/2014 ··· te-fall/

DebiLee
@68.37.86.x

DebiLee

Anon

So in other words they're gonna ruin Boomerang before Comcast even graces us with its presence... This stinks. The only reason why I even wanted Boomerang was to watch all of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons that came out before I was even born. Why is Comcast incompetent?

cartoonnetwo
@64.233.172.x

cartoonnetwo

Anon

What does Comcast have to do with the rebrand?
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

comcast could want to bring it to more sites as they can put there ads on the channel. they have it in Atlanta and i believe comcast offers it there because tuner broadcasting's headquarters is located in Atlanta. »www.turner.com/#/contact-us
joejoejeo

1 edit

joejoejeo to mount laurel

to mount laurel
they also are going HD with the re branding here are videos of the new look

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· TMDJYMhI
and

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· oIzn-I3A
the "new" logo looks like the UK and some other European boomerang channel logos »www.boomerangtv.co.uk/ and there is also a playlist on YouTube dedicated to boomerang channels in Europe getting the new look

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· B632FE6E

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A to mount laurel

to mount laurel
I will repeat what I accidentally posted as a new topic yesterday.
"We used to get Boomerang OnDemand around ten years ago but have never gotten the Boomerang Network in Central New Jersey and I assume most of the Freedom Region."

I at this point i am not sure we will ever get Boomerang in any form.

mountlaurel
@68.32.176.x

mountlaurel

Anon

I remember also when Comcast On Demand first came available in Philly (2000 maybe) and we did receive "Boomerang On Demand" Use to like to watch the old cartoons. I always thought at some point Comcast would add Boomerang to Philly area but never happened. I think now with this "Rebrand" they will add maybe in the Fall but as "DebiLee" indicated might be too little too late.
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35 to mount laurel

to mount laurel
I remember Boomerang being just about the only channel in SD I would watch back when I had FIOS. Unfortunately (for some anyways) Boomerang's definition of classic cartoons nowadays are repeats of the Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Johnny Bravo, etc while the older cartoons are pushed back to late late night viewing only it seems. Wouldn't matter to me now if Xfinity adds it or not.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

i noticed that when I tuned into boomerang that they were showing power puff girls at 11pm last night.
I wanted to see the flinstones or looney tunes but I got power puff girls instead.

Jason W
@68.80.77.x

Jason W

Anon

Maybe it has to do with the age of the programs. Powerpuff Girls debuted in the early 90's. That's 20 years ago. Maybe Boomerang considers the 90's as the cutoff a to how far they go will back. I guess anything earlier than the 90's is "classic" or "retro". This is similar to how TV Land has evolved. When TV Land first launched, they showed The Honeymooners, Sanford & Son and other programs from the 60's and 70's. Now it's all 80's and 90's shows. Now we have Me TV and Antenna TV. These channels show 50's, 60's and 70's shows. I guess as time goes on, the 50's, 60's and 70's will go by the wayside and 80's and 90's will be on these channels. Boomerang appears to be doing the same thing.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

off topic but who shows all in the family with archie bunker?
S10driver35
join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE

S10driver35

According to the Antenna TV website they show All in the Family weeknights at 9pm

»antennatv.tv/shows/

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

yea saw that but no antenna tv affiliate in Pittsburgh