Search similar:

uniqs

User2
@64.86.243.x

User2

Anon

[Cable] IPv6 deployment

Hello,

As far as I know Videotron provides IPv6 to their clients. I also heard that Electronic Box was going to deploy IPv6 some time in 2011. Is it deployed already?
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

They had a closed "beta" for very few selected DSL customers some time ago. As far as I recall, this was shutdown and nothing further has been posted.

catchingup
@206.51.28.x

catchingup to User2

Anon

to User2
said by User2 :

Hello,

As far as I know Videotron provides IPv6 to their clients. I also heard that Electronic Box was going to deploy IPv6 some time in 2011. Is it deployed already?

Videotron provides 6RD. They still haven't rolled out v6 to their customers.

User2
@64.86.243.x

User2 to iamhere

Anon

to iamhere
I had cable connection to Videotron at that time and I had IPv6. So it is not "few selected DSL customers" for sure. I just called and asked for it. Anyway, there is no problem to deploy IPv6. As far as I know Electronic box' router should be capable of doing that. And I know at least one guy who has enough knowledge and time and would help/consult/etc. I wonder if anyone from Electronic box actually reads this forum.
User2

User2 to catchingup

Anon

to catchingup
said by catchingup :

said by User2 :

Hello,

Videotron provides 6RD. They still haven't rolled out v6 to their customers.

RD is still better than nothing.

catchingup
@206.51.28.x

catchingup

Anon

said by User2 :

RD is still better than nothing.

Maybe that would make sense if there was nothing if Videotron didn't offer 6RD but that isn't the case. Either way they're dragging their feet big time and its a joke how much they're failing

User2
@64.86.243.x

User2

Anon

That's one of the reasons I started this thread. I'm offering a real volunteer hands-on help in IPv6 deployment for free. I wonder if anyone in the company is interested in it.
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

1 recommendation

iamhere to User2

to User2
said by User2 :

I had cable connection to Videotron at that time and I had IPv6. So it is not "few selected DSL customers" for sure. I just called and asked for it. Anyway, there is no problem to deploy IPv6. As far as I know Electronic box' router should be capable of doing that. And I know at least one guy who has enough knowledge and time and would help/consult/etc. I wonder if anyone from Electronic box actually reads this forum.

Sure, okay... whatever you say.

»IPv6 slowly making it's way to eBox