·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse

2 edits

1 recommendation

Ericsson BLM1500 GPON Install

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here is a little something I installed mid-2013. I was able to cruise in and check on it a couple weeks ago.

RR1: Eltek-Valere IPS equipped with (1) BC2000-A51 controller, and (4) 30A rectifiers. Also has two strings of Fiamm Monolite 12FAT100 batteries. I'm not sure where the rectifier blank for slot 5 went...

RR2: Alarm terminal strips, DDM2000 OC3, (2) parking lot panels, and the Ericsson BLM1500. The OC3's sole purpose is alarm transport, and the parking lot panels are just a staging platform for unused fibers.

RR3: (4) ADC LGX's.

The BLM1500 has:

Slots 0-1: G28's -- each with a 1Gb link to the CO, and a protect on 0.
Slots 2-10: G4's -- the reason we now use Alcatel 7342's... We needed G8's.
Slots X-Y: FAB3's -- each with 320Gb switching fabric.

Total install time was approx. 50 hours. I'll be installing an Alcatel 7342 in a bay opposing RR2 within the next couple months.

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
Click for full size
Here is a pic from a more recent install. Open space is no longer allowed in bays equipped with gear that could exceed 933 watts. This shelf has the potential output of 1,650 watts! That also explains the 6"-8" glide panels when 4" would have been fine.

KA0OUV
Premium
join:2010-02-17
Jefferson City, MO
reply to weaseled386
Nice Install.

Have a question though: Why are they called "IPS"? I use smaller versions of these at my day job for Alcatel-Lucent Microwave systems (two radios, one router.)

I like the label with the breaker. Mind if I shamelessly plagiarize?

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·AT&T U-Verse
The bigger Eltek-Valere systems are called their "Integrated Power System" line... or IPS for short. This specific Valere is the Q4825N23DD07-C01-VC. Depending on AC feed it can do (-48vdc) 200 amps with a redundant rectifier. The lower distribution panel has 12 breakers on LVD (typically for batteries) and 12 to load. The upper distribution has 24 breakers to load.

AT&T is very strict on label requirements. Everything is labeled, and nothing is labeled on removable covers... unless said cover is plainly marked. In a site like this it isn't bad, but CO's are a different story. Imagine 20 bays side-by-side that each have six DDM2000 OC3's! It is very easy to pick up a door/cover, and place it on the wrong shelf.

Are you using the Valere C or Compact-D series? This year alone I've installed, or directed the installation of, hundreds of them! They're perfect for single bay installs, or installs where you have lots of equipment rated for 10 amps or below.

cablegeek01

join:2003-05-13
USA
reply to weaseled386
Nice clean install. Glad to see it all labelled so well.

KA0OUV
Premium
join:2010-02-17
Jefferson City, MO
reply to weaseled386
Thanks for the clarification on the name and the gear.

I am putting a Compact-D series in one of our sites soon. Will try to post a picture, but it will have to be a profile shot: Room is too small to get a straight ahead photo.

Also replacing five Eltek Flatpack with Flatpack II systems. Will be down to two types of systems and minimizing spares. It is a 2RU high system as well.

I never could understand why Alcatel-Lucent specified a DC distribution panel big enough for a small CO to run one Microwave radio.

Do you have better luck with the Eltek-Valere web page than I have?

Tim [KA0OUV]