All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

Suit Up

[TV] So does anyone actually get MAV-TV?

I thought TWC inked a deal with MAV-TV ages ago and it's still not carried here. The AMA Motocross season starts today and the first motos are airing on it. I guess once again TWC wants to turn me to piracy. Way to go guys!

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

said by Suit Up:

I thought TWC inked a deal with MAV-TV ages ago and it's still not carried here. The AMA Motocross season starts today and the first motos are airing on it. I guess once again TWC wants to turn me to piracy. Way to go guys!

TWC has a deal with MAV-TV. Unfortunately for you, the local TWC market has some influence on whether to carry the channel, and the SoCal market has decided not to.

Fortunately for you, the channel IS available on both Dish Network and DirecTV, so if piracy makes you nervous, you can switch.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
Some areas of Upstate NY have it. I believe Mav HD is only included in the premium HD Pass tier, which includes Universal HD, MGM HD and another channel or two. Not sure about Dish, but DirecTV carries Mav TV in SD only and it is borderline unwatchable at time.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to maartena

to maartena
said by maartena:

the SoCal market has decided not to.

Hopefully they'll change their minds now that it's carrying motocross, with SoCal being a hotbed for motocross and all...

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas to Happydude32

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

I believe Mav HD is only included in the premium HD Pass tier, which includes Universal HD, MGM HD and another channel or two.

Thats how it is here in Dallas. You get Smithsonian, MavTV, MGM, and Universal all for $9.95 per month.
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

said by MeInDallas:

You get Smithsonian, MavTV, MGM, and Universal all for $9.95 per month.

Same here, though it's $5.95. Ours also includes RFD HD.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to MeInDallas

Premium Member

to MeInDallas
$10 seems high. I think I pay $5 for it here. And Smithsonian HD should be a normal channel now. Along with the new agreement with CBS last Fall came the addition of the standard def feed of Smithsonian and it's removal from HD Pass.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

nope Smithsonian HD is still a part of the HD pass just that is also carried in the premier tier as well.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65 to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
I have it and I have watched it for the World Rally Championship which is my favorite form of auto racing!

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA

Suit Up

Wait... They carry the WRC too?!?! I've been pirating that for years since HD Theater stopped carrying it.

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769 to Suit Up

to Suit Up
I had it for two days on TWC TV online (WNY) until I mentioned it in this forum. It went off after I mentioned it even though it was advertised on the TWC site.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65 to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
Yes, they do carry the WRC, and have been for a while, but they delay it and only carry 1 hour highlight coverage. However, it is in HD since the WRC has been broadcasting in HD for a couple of years. It comes on at random, so you need to actually search for it.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to Happydude32

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Not sure about Dish

Dish does carry it, in HD ONLY, but only as part of the BB Movie Pass $10 add-on pkg of channels.

»www.dish.com/entertainme ··· er/#faqs

I've been getting it for $5 f/6-months at a time; when it runs out, I just call & keep getting it renewed - $10 f/these few (HD) channels is too much for me.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Rick4769

Premium Member

to Rick4769
said by Rick4769:

I had it for two days on TWC TV online (WNY) until I mentioned it in this forum. It went off after I mentioned it even though it was advertised on the TWC site.

Yes it was available in error.

Hob

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

1 edit

Suit Up

said by hobgoblin:

Yes it was available in error.

Why exactly is that? Is there something in the agreement that they can only show it in the regions that have picked it up or was there some issue with them not having the rights to publish it online? Cause it can't be that they can't provide it in regions that haven't picked it up yet as they have already historically shown channels on TWCTV before they were being broadcasted (the NBC extra time channels are ones that come to mind, and in fact I think there are still a couple, but I'm not gonna mention them by name and risk getting them shut off! )

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
It bugs me that not all channels are available in all areas.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
"Why exactly is that? "

Channels available to you on TWCTV need also to be available to you and subscribed to in your cable package.

Hob

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by hobgoblin:

Channels available to you on TWCTV need also to be available to you and subscribed to in your cable package.

Then why do I get channels that aren't available with a QAM tuner and are only on TWCTV? And why do I get channels that I am not subscribed to?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Its a little hard to answer without any specifics.

Hob