uniqs

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

Good App for GPS Coordinate

Looking for a good app to navigate to a specific GPS coordinate. Any suggestions?

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

Actual numeric coordinates or just locations? If the former, you'll need to wait for other replies. If the latter, I use Navfree USA because it functions very well without internet, lending it well to tablet use without having to keep it tethered to my phone and thus hogging 2 charger slots. But get the benefit of the maps on the bigger screen of my tablet(not to mention quad core power and very smooth scrolling with no lags, unlike my ancient single core phone).

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

By numeric. This is for boating.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to Cheese

Premium Member

to Cheese
»play.google.com/store/ap ··· ick.lite a quick Google search turned up this with some similar apps listed on the page. Might be what you are looking for.

Cheese
Premium Member
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

Nice, looks good and looks exactly like what I need. Thanks

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to Selenia

Premium Member

to Selenia
said by Selenia:

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· ick.lite a quick Google search turned up this with some similar apps listed on the page. Might be what you are looking for.

Of limited use for boating where there are shallows like here as there is no depth info. Almost impossible to go straight line point A-B. especially in the Gulf side back country

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

1 recommendation

ARGONAUT to Cheese

Premium Member

to Cheese
I like GPS Status & Toolbox.
»play.google.com/store/ap ··· sstatus2

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

I used that and liked it, but how does that help the OP map coordinates. I can see it helping once he finds an appropriate program, if he wants better GPS performance, etc. A thank you on the side though because I almost forgot about this program, which I used on phones that were poor at getting and keeping a GPS fix(I am looking at you, Samsung Captivate from when I was on AT&T) and it did help.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to Cheese

MVM

to Cheese
You can input coordinates in Google Maps, did you know that ? Granted, it will have a hard time finding a route to get you there !!