swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to hawk82

Premium Member

to hawk82

Re: [Internet] We finally have upstream bonding in Maine

Nothing down here yet. Maybe they are hitting each CMTS one at a time.
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

Nothing here yet either.

We had a couple weeks of 4/4 but it's been back to 4/1 since June.
Phroz

Phroz

We now have 8x4 bonding here. It happened overnight.

My IP changed from a 24.x.x.x to 74.x.x.x as well.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec to Phroz

Premium Member

to Phroz
Got upstream bonding back again overnight when they upgraded the firmware for my 6141. Life is so much better now.

bewhole
I Am Here
Premium Member
join:2000-08-08
Alfred, ME

bewhole

Premium Member

said by swintec:

Got upstream bonding back again overnight when they upgraded the firmware for my 6141. Life is so much better now.

Must be nice nothing here.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by bewhole:

said by swintec:

I think Waterboro is a different CMTS (Sebago, maybe?), surprisingly, than Alfred.

bewhole
I Am Here
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

bewhole

Premium Member

said by swintec:

said by bewhole:

said by swintec:

I think Waterboro is a different CMTS (Sebago, maybe?), surprisingly, than Alfred.

Never thought of that. Do not know why but if you want the tv guide for this area you go thru Sebago and the main office they send you to is portland. I know Alfreds main is in saco or that is where they send you.(And your just down the road)

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by bewhole:

Never thought of that. Do not know why but if you want the tv guide for this area you go thru Sebago and the main office they send you to is portland. I know Alfreds main is in saco or that is where they send you.(And your just down the road)

I dont think they care where you go. Ive been to portand, saco, and even Moody when I am down that way.

cosmokramer
join:2009-02-18
Portland, ME

cosmokramer to Phroz

to Phroz
Click for full size
Just got 4/4 in South Portland.
ssault
join:2007-01-21
Portland, ME

ssault to Phroz

to Phroz

I've had 8x4 for a few months in Saco (after dealing with an overloaded node for a while).
Bigfatmooose
join:2007-05-17
Pittsfield, ME

Bigfatmooose to Phroz

to Phroz
Well... since 11/2 we have had upstream bonding again in Pittsfield so atm 4X4 ... we had this several months ago then it disappeared... now its back

bewhole
I Am Here
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

bewhole to Phroz

Premium Member

to Phroz
Click for full size
Well back to 8x4 again for now. The only problem I have now is when I go to speedtest.net I am no longer in Maine!! When did I move to Wichita KS (LOL). Same speed no problem there 16x1 so I am not complaining at all.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by bewhole:

Well back to 8x4 again for now.

What a difference a few miles makes huh? 4x4 here. Never seen 8x4 here either.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer to Phroz

to Phroz
I'm really hoping 8 channel bonding is coming to my node soon, can't even get 10 down on the evening on the ultimate package.
cosmokramer

cosmokramer

I also am failing to realize why this area hasn't gone all digital yet...... seems like alot of room would be reclaimed for high speed data.
Phroz
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

Going from 4x1 to 8x4 did absolutely nothing for me, except raise my ping by about 30ms

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

Nice, really comforting! Something has gotta give soon.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec to cosmokramer

Premium Member

to cosmokramer
said by cosmokramer:

I also am failing to realize why this area hasn't gone all digital yet......

From what I remember, TW wanted to make Portland all digital in the early 00's but the people and local government went nuts and they scrapped it.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

I haven't been in the area long enough to remember that, but it comes to a point where it's asinine to have analog cable channels taking up the large amount of the system that they currently are. Think of all the internet bandwidth, better uncompressed HD, and enhanced on demand services we could have.
xQim
join:2003-09-20

xQim to Phroz

to Phroz
I have had 4 downstream and 4 upstream channels since October 2013.

I also run two TWC Internet connections on a quadruple-wan router. I have it set to Timing rather then Failover and with multi-source connections get a very nice speed.

wolffstarr
@104.228.202.x

wolffstarr

Anon

Getting 8x4 here in Hollis. We were on a DOCSIS2 modem until a field tech came out and pointed out essentially everyone's connecting to 615MHz and that's why our speeds sucked, so we went out and got a DOCSIS3.

According to the same tech, standard internet is supposed to be going from 15 down to 50 down in the relatively near future due to concerns of FiOS-like services making their way up here.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

Still 4/4 here in sopo. However the CMTS here is due to be upgraded within the next few days.

buzz_4_20
join:2003-09-20
Dover, NH

buzz_4_20 to Phroz

to Phroz
Well... after an outage that took our my NIC... We have 4x4 way up in Limestone.

No change in performance on my 30/5 plan.

GEK
Tourturer Class
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Woodridge, NY
ARRIS SB6141

GEK to wolffstarr

Premium Member

to wolffstarr
said by wolffstarr :

the same tech, standard internet is supposed to be going from 15 down to 50 down in the relatively near future

Did the tech say if the speed increase was in states other than Maine? In New York state the downstream channels went from 4 down to 8 down, last week. Are we getting an increase soon?

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

Right now it's just there "Maxx" markets getting the upgrades. People in the company I've talked to believe that Maine will be turned over to Comcast regardless of if the merger goes through or not. I'm sure everyone will see a bump in speed soon... they aren't spending money to upgrade for nothing.
cosmokramer

cosmokramer to Phroz

to Phroz
8/4 just hit in South Portland last night. I'm hopeful that this will solve the congestion issues.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by cosmokramer:

8/4 just hit in South Portland last night. I'm hopeful that this will solve the congestion issues.

Nothing here yet. Seems I am sandwiched on all sides now with it. can't be to far away I guess.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

I have a buddy that lives in town Biddeford that just got it last week. I'm sure it'll be any night now.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

Just got 8 DS channels bonded. Had a 20 minute outage and things came back up. Also got a new IP address. At 8x4 now.

EDIT-
Also, it seems they have done some work in Portland. Several weeks ago I was moved from the Arundel CMTS to Portland. With tonights changes it appears they have done some further work as I see some new hops / names in my traces, most importantly:

2  14ms   15ms   10ms   bundle1.spldme47-10k002.nyroc.rr.com [184.153.128.1]
 3  21ms   16ms   16ms   fas1-0-0.ptldmepri-rtr02.nyroc.rr.com [24.31.152.93]
 4  11ms   10ms   11ms   agg21.ptldmehx02r.northeast.rr.com [24.58.39.246]

Wonder what the abbreviations stand for.
Phroz
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

said by swintec:

Wonder what the abbreviations stand for.

ptldme is obviously Portland, ME. spldme I'm not sure. South Portland, maybe?

My first hop used to be lstnme, but that is gone since the upgrade and I have 5 additional hops in its place.

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2    59 ms   126 ms    46 ms  bundle1.srlkny12-ubr002.nyroc.rr.com [74.78.176.1]
  3    23 ms    23 ms    22 ms  bundle1.spldme47-10k001.nyroc.rr.com [24.31.156.1]
  4    13 ms    16 ms    15 ms  agg30.ptldmehx02r.northeast.rr.com [24.58.41.140]
  5    79 ms    22 ms    23 ms  be25.albynyyf01r.northeast.rr.com [24.58.32.64]
  6    35 ms    35 ms    31 ms  be36.cr0.nyc30.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.100]