Search similar:

uniqs

cosmokramer
join:2009-02-18
Portland, ME

cosmokramer to swintec

to swintec

Re: [Internet] We finally have upstream bonding in Maine

Very interesting, i'm seeing very similar traces. I've also noticed some higher latency. (10 to 15 ms higher) The speeds have been rock solid since the upgrade.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by cosmokramer:

The speeds have been rock solid since the upgrade.

Yes absolutely. I am on extreme 30 MBit and would always see 31 going up to 35 and everywhere in between but really, it was over advertised so i had nothing to complain about and i figured that was simply the over provisioning in action. Since last night, speeds literally sit on 35.45 and do not fluctuate at all like I thought was the norm. What a difference. This evening will be the real test.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

They really just need to get rid of the analog cable channels, a tech told me recently it's in the works and they are slowly trying to get people hooked up with DTA's. They do this by taking out key channels forcing people to get one, that way the final push will be much less hectic.

So I guess something I don't understand is : is there only 8 total downstream QAM's per node, and can there be two different sets of them?

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

I guess a good way to tell is get a 16x4 modem but I am willing to be there is more than just 8 available. Seems like they have done quite a bit of work on the back end in Portland.
modem_reset
join:2010-05-27

modem_reset to swintec

to swintec
south portland maine, 10kUbr2 nyroc rr
Fas1/0/0 PortlandMaine Primary Router 2 nyroc
portland me headquarters? 02 router northeast

I think...

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

Yes, I figured the city codes. Was wondering more about what "bundle", "fas" and "agg" means.

Agg may mean aggregation or something along those lines.

Bundle...hhhmm..something at the CMTS level.

Speeds are still right on even this evening. Didnt realize just how many speed issues I was really having prior to these changes.
modem_reset
join:2010-05-27

modem_reset

fas is the port on the router.... ubr (cmts), it's a 10k

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer to Phroz

to Phroz
The latency to various nearby locations has increased from around 30 ms to up over 50 ms . Wonder what they did.
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

said by cosmokramer:

The latency to various nearby locations has increased from around 30 ms to up over 50 ms . Wonder what they did.

Yeah, same happened to me with the upgrade.

It's been about 2 months now since the upgrade here, and my latency has returned to pre-upgrade levels. Not sure why or how, but maybe yours will too in time.

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

Mine seems to have settled down now..... now with the frequency of the 100 meg commercials i'm hoping ultimate customers see a bump soon.
Bigfatmooose
join:2007-05-17
Pittsfield, ME

Bigfatmooose to Phroz

to Phroz
Just noticed today that Pittsfield, Maine now has 8 bonded downstream channels and 4 bonded upstream channels. I am hoping that they increase the ultimate tier soon as 50/5 is rather slow... compared to the rest of the country that has decent cable providers

cosmokramer
Portland, ME

cosmokramer

From the conversation I had with a tech a few months ago I gathered that like the rest of areas, Ultimate would be bumped to 100/5 before any Maxx upgrades begin. (If they ever happen)