All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
houghe9
join:2008-02-27
Lexington Park, MD

houghe9

agree

I agree with you, but in addition to that, caps are being enforced. My ex wife with her family of 5 just had a 200 dollar overage fee from Cox and all they do is watch Netflix YouTube and play league of legends. These caps are going to slow all of the cord cutting down and make them a fortune.

It is going to come full circle that when everything is finally pay per byte we are going to long for the days of 100 channels that you pay one flat fee for all you can watch.

SmilingBob
join:2013-09-23
League City, TX

SmilingBob

said by houghe9:

I agree with you, but in addition to that, caps are being enforced. My ex wife with her family of 5 just had a 200 dollar overage fee from Cox and all they do is watch Netflix YouTube and play league of legends. These caps are going to slow all of the cord cutting down and make them a fortune.

That is one reason we dropped Comcast, the caps. The hard part is finding an alternative to the monopolistic ISP in your area. If you are lucky, you might be able to find virtual operators that use the big ISP infrastructure but have slightly different rules. For example, we found DSL Extreme serviced our area over Verizon lines, and they do NOT require a landline (Verizon does) and they have no caps. If you are in an AT&T area though, the landline requirement is enforced. So, it is all a crap shoot depending on where you live. Data caps are going to make irrelevant any real technology advances in streaming HD video and the big TV/ISP companies know it.