kamkor
join:2014-02-13
Bullhead City, AZ

kamkor

[Speed] Speed and Connection Drops Bullhead City, AZ

Click for full size
Signal
Click for full size
For the last month or so, I have been experiencing issues with speed and connection issues, leading to lag and drops in just about any online program I use. It occurs even when directly connected to the modem.

We are also seeing an increase in digital TV disruption.

And apparently, we are not the only people in the area with Suddenlink that is having this issue. Several other family members in the area have Suddenlink service and have been complaining.

When looking at my modem I am seeing No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; over and over in the logs. (Motorola Surfboard SB6120) as well as Cable Modem Reboot due to T4 timeout.

The modem does re-boot from time to time.

I have checked cabling outside of the house leading to both modem and TV, and the modem is sitting one split away from the drop, with no lose connections.

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech

Hello kamkor. Does the packet-loss occur throughout the day or does it only happen during certain hours?

Also, PingPlotter freeware is quite limited. The other versions of PP such as Pro have a free trial if you'd like to see more like actual graphs of the packet-loss, latency, and jitter.

Please PM me your cable modem's MAC address (on the cable modem itself) and your current public IP address (»whatismyip.com).
kamkor
Bullhead City, AZ

kamkor

I have noticed that the packet-loss does seem to increase during "Prime-time" hours and then drops off though the night, along with the disconnects. I would see more disconnects between 7-9pm than I would say 11pm-2am. MAC and IP address incoming on PM.

SDL L3Tech
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech

The upstream of the node is incrementing a large amount of FEC errors. This will have to be addressed by the local techs and I have sent them all of the information they need to look in the right direction. I'll let you know when they clear it up.
kamkor
Bullhead City, AZ

kamkor

Click for full size
Here is the pro Plot.
kamkor

kamkor to SDL L3Tech

to SDL L3Tech
said by SDL L3Tech:

The upstream of the node is incrementing a large amount of FEC errors. This will have to be addressed by the local techs and I have sent them all of the information they need to look in the right direction. I'll let you know when they clear it up.

Oh! Ok, thanks!

SDL L3Tech
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech to kamkor

to kamkor
Hop 2 represents the connection between your network and the Suddenlink head-end, which is where the packet-loss starts. This is due to the FEC errors I mentioned before.