All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
dangme
join:2001-09-15
San Francisco, CA

dangme to eburger68

to eburger68

Re: IE6 and Cookies (Here we go again...)

I have opted to enlist an app called Cookie Pro to handle my cookies and Norton Internet Security to handle privacy settings. Yes, it's more expensive, but both programs work extremely well, giving me peace of mind without having to delve in to all the documentation that eburger68 was magnamimous enough to provide.

As far as I can tell, my Internet security settings are safe. Anybody know of a good site to test settings to make sure I don't have a false sense of security?
eburger68
Premium Member
join:2001-04-28

eburger68

Premium Member

dangme:

You asked:
said by dangme:
Anybody know of a good site to test settings to make sure I don't have a false sense of security?
You can links to a number of sites that will test ad blocking, active content filtering, and general browser privacy on this page:

»www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehow ··· fo17.htm

Best,

Eric L. Howes

cjsmith
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Villa Rica, GA

cjsmith

Premium Member

Egads Eric.. You have done it again.. I must seriously consider the installation of IE 6, since I have reviewed those threads initially as they were in progress. Yes I have been hesitant, and I have often pondered the install upgrade from 5.5 SP2 to 6.0, but...

Eric have you heard anything in relation to Microsoft releasing an SP package to rectify the IE6 shortcomings?

Thank you and "R2" for both the time and diligence that went into this remarkable insight to the MS IE6 mystery.

As far as third party apps of course I use the "p" word. /*Shameless Plug*/ ad blocker, cookie crusher, and pop-up stopper all rolled in to one and much, much more!!!
eburger68
Premium Member
join:2001-04-28

eburger68

Premium Member

cjsmith:

You wrote:
said by cjsmith:
Eric have you heard anything in relation to Microsoft releasing an SP package to rectify the IE6 shortcomings?
I haven't heard a thing about a specific fix for shortcoming in IE 6.0's Privacy settings. I have heard that there is a SP1 in the works, but I don't have specifics. I do look forward to it, as IE 6.0 has strange effects on ZIP drives in Windows Explorer (won't completely refresh when you take one out and put another one in -- the directory contents of the previous ZIP disk still show until you close and reopen Windows Explorer).
said by cjsmith:
Thank you and "R2" for both the time and diligence that went into this remarkable insight to the MS IE6 mystery.
It's been an interesting couple of days. I always wanted to revisit the question of IE 6.0 because I've had a nagging sense since last fall that we never quite finished the job. Still haven't now, but we're closer.

All the best,

Eric L. Howes

cjsmith
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Villa Rica, GA

cjsmith

Premium Member

Thank you this thread is "Marked" accordingly!