spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mlurie
join:2013-01-26
Seminole, FL

mlurie

[Tampa] Price Hike With No Warning

My bill went up about $15 without warning. I called customer service to find out why. I was told my 40Mbps plan was no longer offered to they "upgraded" me to the next plan without notifying me and just added it to my bill. My only choice was to go down to 30Mbps and, get this, still pay $2 more.

I have been a happy Bright House customer for a while. There technical support has always been good to me, but this kind of customer service has me looking elsewhere. I don't know how much longer I am going to be a Bright House customer. I understand the need to raise rates to cover increasing costs, but this is a very significant increase. So, now to keep my bill from going up too much, I have to accept a smaller increase with less service than I had before. Shame on you Bright House. This is no way to treat your loyal customers.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Something else has happened here because you would not just be upgraded like this. Mike open a direct forums thread, include your modem MAC and I will get this addressed.
mlurie
Seminole, FL

mlurie

Done. Thanks Gary. I knew I could count on you.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mlurie

Premium Member

to mlurie
Got it Mike but your MAC was invalid...see my direct post. In the meantime I will get to the bottom of this...

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to mlurie

Premium Member

to mlurie
I'll be curious to hear the outcome of this.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by gigahurtz:

I'll be curious to hear the outcome of this.

If Mike wishes to share with you he may....otherwise this is an account specific issue that will be handled in direct.
mlurie
Seminole, FL

mlurie

Gary took care of this. Apparently I had a promotion that expired that was not properly explained to me. He put me on the new 60Mbps promotion with a more reasonable, smaller increase. I am a happy camper. Thanks Gary. Bright House rules!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mlurie

Premium Member

to mlurie
Thanks Mike and once again our apologies for the confusion.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
I understand that, I was not expecting you to share the outcome.
gigahurtz

gigahurtz to mlurie

Premium Member

to mlurie
Glad to hear you were able to get it corrected.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
After reading this topic I checked my current statement and see Digital Guide $1.05. Why are we being charged $1.05 for the guide? We are already being charged $8 to lease the DVR and $11.95 to use the DVR. I would think the guide would be part of the DVR fee.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

You have always been charged for the guide...it is just now itemized.

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax to mlurie

Premium Member

to mlurie
said by mlurie:

He put me on the new 60Mbps promotion with a more reasonable, smaller increase.

Uh, what's the new 60 Mbps "promotion"?? I've never heard of a Lightning promotional rate!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mlurie

Premium Member

to mlurie
It isn't new... it was new to him because his last promotion was two years old and had expired.

cbs
join:2014-02-11
Melbourne, FL

cbs

Bright House did not send a letter informing the customer that his promotion was approaching expiration?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to mlurie

Premium Member

to mlurie
We always send notifications but most people never get past the envelope and in the trash it goes thinking it was junk mail...I can even tell you the date the letter was mailed as it gets noted on the acct.