Search similar:

uniqs
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

P2P of movies tv shows etc will never stop

No matter what any isp or agency does to try and stop quote un quote pirating of movies and tv shows music etc it will be a non starter. Simply put the p2p networks etc are not centralized at all. So even if they shut down 99% of all sites for torrents the 1% that remains is enough to keep the entire system going. If they ever did manage to shut down 99% they would have tons of game developers coming after the agency that shut the sites down. Game developers now use torrents etc to distribute their games patches beta software trailers etc. As it is to effective and cheap. Not to mention a user or beta tester can get the software games etc at a much faster rate.

Then theres the fact that a dirty little secret of the entertainment industry is that a large portion of movies tv shows etc uploaded to torrent sites are done so by the companies who produce them. The end user down loader just tends to think it was uploaded by some anon user. Think of it this way if i owned some movie company and i wanted to hype up my movie to get more income from it i could upload a lower quality version of it to a torrent site. The down loader watches it then wants to see it on the big screen so he buys a ticket to do so. I in the end gain 1 more ticket sale. As for those who dl it and never pay they would never have paid to begin with any ways so no loss there. Can piracy harm a companies bottom line? sure it can and some times infact it does. But on the whole it doesnt do much to harm their sales. In todays market for mmorpgs for example there are very few full pay to plays left. Most are what has gotten the nick name of free to play pay to win. They use things like the cash shop etc. Once they moved to this model they seen a in some cases 800 and 1000% increase in sales and income outright.

Todays piracy is not like it was in the 90s with a guy dropping a backpack off with a custom cam corder to record from the lens of a projector. Those guys made loads of money and did take money from the industry as a whole.But to stop a guy from dling the amazing spider man these things like six strikes will never work. He will just go to a library or park or mc donolds or find a open wifi some where. It is pointless and is going to cost the inustry more money to try and stop it than to just say oh well we did not get 75 million this week end we only got 74 million.

So yeh they are going to loose more money trying to stop the unstopable than to just chalk up a million on sales of tickets.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin

Very well said.