Search similar:

uniqs

bbrkdub
join:2001-10-03
San Antonio, TX

bbrkdub

Empty Playlist on iPhone Only

Hi all,

I believe I found a defect with smart playlists on iPhones, but I want to see if anyone else can reproduce it. Basically, I receive the error message "No Content" when viewing a certain playlist on the iPhone, even though the songs have been properly synchronized.

Here are the details. I have a playlist called "Recently Unrated", and it contains these settings:
[x] Match the following rule
[all] of the following rules:
[Media Kind] [is not] [Podcast]
[Rating] [is] [<0 stars>]
[Plays] [is] [0]
[Date Added] [is in the last] [6] [months]
[x] Live Updating

The key to this defect is when the "Rating is 0 stars" rule is used. As in, it's a playlist that only contains songs with no ratings.

Anyway, what happens on the iPhone is that smart playlist displays the error message "No Content" when viewed. However, the expected songs have been synchronized with the phone... and taking up disk space. In fact, this can be verified when the iPhone is plugged in and viewed from within iTunes--that smart playlist displays the expected songs.

I have found similar incidents on the web, especially on Apple's Support Communities Discussion Forums:
»discussions.apple.com/me ··· 23772725
»discussions.apple.com/th ··· tstart=0
»discussions.apple.com/me ··· 24015332

So, given the above, can anyone else reproduce the "No Content" message on their iPhone?
bbrkdub

bbrkdub

Can anyone else reproduce this as well?
bbrkdub

bbrkdub

Click for full size
Here's a screenshot. Can anyone reproduce this?