spc
Search similar:

uniqs

artesian79
join:2001-10-16
West Chester, OH

artesian79

[WIN7] Using Windows DVD Maker

When I first entered Windows DVD Maker on a friend's laptop and imported pictures I was never able to get it to save to a file I guess because whenever I brought it back up for a different project the same pictures displayed.

After trying several things, I finally selected all, and then deleted. Imagine my shock when I found all the photos in the original file GONE. What? I thought it was working on a copy? I found them in the trash and restored them.

I have folder A with 700 photos. They are a collection of photos form 4 different sources. The 4 cameras were set with different TOD and D due to some being left in US time and other having been moved to the local day after passing the International Date line. The person going through the 4 sets of Photos has spent considerable time and effort remove duplicates and those that she didn't want. If I copy this folder they get placed in random order, so I must always import from Folder A

I need to create 2 DVDs with 2 different subsets of photos in Folder A. How do I do this? If I import From Folder A and delete out the first set, the actual photo file, not a copy of it that Windows DVD Marker made, is deleted. I need to get that back to create a second subset. I cannot make 2 copies of Folder A to use as Input because the order is changed and there are way too many files to reorder by hand again and no way to do it by sorting.

So can someone tell me how I can purge the photos from Windows DVD maker without them being deleted from the source (Folder A)?

Does anyone know of a free copy utility that maintains the original directory structure?
I'm worried about the laptop's ability to complete this task in a timely fashion, but I cannot move a copy of the file to my faster PC due to losing the order.

Thank you!