spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Andrew Cust
@71.227.156.x

Andrew Cust

Anon

[Qwest] Outrageous new charge increase from $.75 to $5 started now in May

Just saw on my bill, CenturyLink increased the Non-Published service from .75 to $5!!!!!
Is this just in Washington state or across other states as well?

In addition to high prices for outdated landline CenturyLink wants to rip off even more for the basic privacy thing that would be ethical to provide at no cost.
»qc.centurylink.com/resid ··· g_en.pdf

Failed!! Please let people know about such failed new policy

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by Andrew Cust :

Just saw on my bill, CenturyLink increased the Non-Published service from .75 to $5!!!!!
Is this just in Washington state or across other states as well?

In addition to high prices for outdated landline CenturyLink wants to rip off even more for the basic privacy thing that would be ethical to provide at no cost.
»qc.centurylink.com/resid ··· g_en.pdf

Failed!! Please let people know about such failed new policy

Most people are dropping POTS lines in favor of just a cell phone. Increasing the fees would seem to encourage more people to cancel their POTS service.

I cancelled my cableTV service several years ago over a $5/month increase. If it were me, I would certainly cancel my POTS line and port it over to a VOIP service or cell phone. The only thing these companies listen to is $$, so vote with your wallet!
Snowbird4
join:2014-01-15
United State

Snowbird4

Keep in mind there are large areas in the US which have no access to cable and have to rely on land lines simply to connect to the Internet via DSL.

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

CL doesn't require POTS for DSL. Same wire, yes, but if you don't have POTS you won't care about any non-published number fee.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to Andrew Cust

to Andrew Cust
Just change your name to a film character name that is unpronounceable , if someone calls for that person, just hang up.

I've done this for years.
Snowbird4
join:2014-01-15
United State

Snowbird4 to TAZ

to TAZ
Would never switch from a land line to cell service where I live. Cell reception too spotty to take that chance. Have never used an unpublished number so at least that's one CL fee I can avoid.

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

If your DSL is stable, you can use a VoIP service. It's a lot cheaper and is almost as reliable, with the exception of power outages (but then cell service can be a backup; even if it's spotty, it _is_ some form of redundancy).

If the DSLAM is BBU'd, the reliability concern is even less.

clevere1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA

clevere1 to Andrew Cust

Premium Member

to Andrew Cust
I got the same thing. Plus a 2.00 increase for basic phone and I mean BASIC.

The funny thing is, I have BASIC phone service, but they are charging me for not listing my number... But, it's listed. Go figure.

former qwest
Premium Member
join:2014-01-04
out there

former qwest

Premium Member

my increase was from 0.99 to 1.08, this 5.00 must not be system wide, likely regulated by local PUCs?>?

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to Andrew Cust

MVM

to Andrew Cust
Unless there is some pressing need for you to have POTS service, go to VOIP. You don't have to have POTS to have DSL.
»VOIP Tech Chat
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to Andrew Cust

to Andrew Cust
Hi Andrew,

We are available to discuss this price increase with you. You may contact us by emailing talktous@centurylink.com or using the link here »bit.ly/TTUwf

Regards,
Patti
CenturyLink Help Team