spc
Search similar:

uniqs

quig
@208.68.179.x

quig

Anon

Classic Dr. Who on Retro TV

Just saw that RETRO TV will be showing the Classic Dr. Who series starting this summer. Does anyone know if Fios caries RETRO TV in the New York area? I can mot seem to find it on my guide?

»www.doctorwhonews.net/20 ··· -tv.html
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

No Verizon doesn't carry it in the NYC area. Retro TV airs on WZME 43.3 which is not carried on Fios.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Fios does so carry WZME. It's on channel 19 in the NY area

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769 to quig

to quig
In the WNY area, a new station WBXZ-LD 56.3 carries RETRO TV in the Buffalo and WNY area but Verizon FIOS doesn't carry it.

»www.wbxztv.com/channels.html
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

Fios does so carry WZME. It's on channel 19 in the NY area

I was talking about WZME 43.3 (Retro TV), which is not carried on Fios. You're referring to WZME 43.1 (Me TV). And while we're on the topic, Fios also does not carry WZME 43.2 which airs a network called 'The Works'.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

2 edits

Greg2600 to matcarl

to matcarl
»[Channels] Verizon Channel 19 - Me TV

I've read that on July 31, KVNV (digital OTA 3) will come online as WJLP with MeTV as the main stream. I do not know if MeTV will be dropped by WZME for sure, though I suppose WZME could put Retro on its main feed again. I'm not even certain whether FIOS will pick up this new station either. I'm asking someone with a contact to WJLP.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by Greg2600:

»[Channels] Verizon Channel 19 - Me TV

I've read that on July 31, KVNV (digital OTA 3) will come online as WJLP with MeTV as the main stream. I do not know if MeTV will be dropped by WZME for sure, though I suppose WZME could put Retro on its main feed again. I'm not even certain whether FIOS will pick up this new station either. I'm asking someone with a contact to WJLP.

KVNV filed for Must Carry which means Fios will need to pick up the station when it comes on air. It's the same situation as the new Me TV affiliate (KJWP) that came online in Philly a few months ago and is carried on CH 502 in the Philly area.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

Ah, that's right.
Baff
join:2007-12-05
Murrieta, CA

Baff to quig

to quig
No Retro TV in the FiOS' Los Angeles area either, though it is aired by local station KFLA 8.1.

According to Retro TV's site, the only FiOS area that has picked them up is Harrisburg, PA. Though I don't know if their affiliate listings are up-to-date.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

said by miataman:

No Retro TV in the FiOS' Boston area, but I've sent WMFP an email asking why?

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to Baff

to Baff
Well Retro may have been the first, but they've been booted out almost everywhere. Remember Tribune owns Antenna and ThisTV, so those get slots on many of their stations. Fox has Movies!, and Sony has been selling GetTV out there.
IrishHeart
join:2014-03-21
SE PA

IrishHeart to Baff

to Baff
Retro is on channel 480 here in VHO8. I have not seen Dr. Who; for the most part it carries older sitcoms and drama - The Real McCoys, Route 66, I Spy as well as local news and some high school/college sports.
Baff
join:2007-12-05
Murrieta, CA

Baff

They haven't started airing Dr. Who yet. They will also be showing MST3K next month too.
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson to IrishHeart

Premium Member

to IrishHeart

>>irishheart: Retro is on channel 480 here in VHO8.

It's on channel 349 in the DC Metro area (VH04)...
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth

Not the same. That is RetroPlex. Retro TV is like MeTV in that it is a sub carrier on a broadcast channel.
According to RetroTV website, they don't have anyone carrying it in the DC area.
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson

Premium Member

>>crgauth: Not the same. That is RetroPlex.

Well...bummer!!! Thanks for the info...'-}}