All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jschmiedchen
join:2014-05-29

jschmiedchen

[Cable] Trying to get Teksavvy Cable in building

I have talked to Teksavvy about getting cable internet service in 141 Fallowfield Dr, in Kitchener, Ontario.

They said that they could not get permission from Rogers as there is fiber in this building and they cannot connect to it, then I talked to another customer service rep and she said that she could find no trace of fiber available and I think they are pulling the wool over my eyes as the building next to it 161 Fallowfield Dr has fiber and there are multiple people including a friend over in that building that have Teksavvy Cable internet.

I'd rather not go with Rogers, not sure what else to do though.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Hello,

I'm not sure what the whole story is, but I can confirm we already have 2 active rCable users in that exact building. Why agents would be telling you we can't subscribe you I do not know.

Regards,
Martin
jschmiedchen

jschmiedchen

Is there anyway this can be dealt with? I want to get service with you guys.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to jschmiedchen

Premium Member

to jschmiedchen
Disregard. I stand corrected.
jschmiedchen

jschmiedchen

I was told by Michael Cabana to get in contact with you as he has it. He says hi by the way. He has teksavvy over in his building and is confused as much as I am to why I cannot have Teksavvy in 141 Fallowfield as he is in 161 Fallowfield. Cause usually they just change the fiber to coaxial and run it up to the apartment. That's why I am a little bewildered as to why I cannot get the service in my building.
jschmiedchen

jschmiedchen to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
????

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 edit

JenSuisUn to jschmiedchen

Premium Member

to jschmiedchen
Do keep in mind that this could be a "Going forward" since X date that we only offer service as a FTTP. Even if we attempt to push, we may not get any positive result. The oddity is I couldn't even get your postal code to qualify on their own website.

Martin.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to jschmiedchen

Premium Member

to jschmiedchen
I removed my previous comment as I thought we had already addressed your issue on Twitter however I had misunderstood your situation. Martin is pushing it up.
jschmiedchen

jschmiedchen to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
It is a fairly new building so I am wondering if it is not in there database of postal codes yet.
jschmiedchen

jschmiedchen to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Thank you Andre.
Expand your moderator at work
jschmiedchen

jschmiedchen

Re: [Cable] Trying to get Teksavvy Cable in building

I went to »www.rogers.com/web/conte ··· services and typed in N2C0B1 and was able to see that Internet is available at that address.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 edit

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Hello jschmiedchen See Profile,

We reached out to Rogers to get an answer and we have one.

Essentially the MDU(Multi Dwelling Unit) has been migrated over to FTTP/FTTH. Any existing TPIA customers will have been grandfathered, however any new requests for services will not be approved.

I'm terribly sorry to say that we have no recourse in providing you service in the building. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to fetch you the proper & legitimate answer.

Let me reassure you that there is an open discussion at the CRTC level in regards to TPIA's having access to FTTP services.

Best Regards,
Martin