adam9c1
join:2014-05-01
USA

adam9c1

[X1-X2] Weird Screen on Cable box for few days

Click for full size
I have restarted the box several times by unplugging the power cable
I have turned off the box several times by pressing the button
I have connected another device using same HDMI cable and that is working correctly.

This weird screen shows up and the resolution is all off so you can't even read the entire text.

V1.43
The ASTB needs to
could take a few

00B Channel
Tuned to frequeny
00B Wait For GTC

DOCSIS DSG 3.1 cha
DOCSIS DSG Channel
DSG Tunnels
DSG Wait for GTC

I had X1 since mid May last year. Previous generation box I had issues with and upgrading to X1 was the last straw I thought. In last year I had techs come in and service several times. Just when I was done battling internet connection issues now I have this...
Can I get 2 solid months of service without interruptions (by now I have lowered my standards and restarting the cable box does not mean interruption).

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

X1 needs full communication to work. It sounds like it cannot contact the servers, so it will not work at all. At least with the older iGuide, as long as there is a downstream signal, it will work, at least for awhile.
adam9c1
USA

adam9c1

My main box works fine.

The box affected has a splitter on it, which is going to my modem.

FML

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

you may want to call a tech out. Maybe get a 3 way splitter and split one line to each box/tv and one to the modem?
Also check the lines to see if the are old or cracked and make sure there aren't more splitters before the boxes and modem. You SHOULD only have one splitter. Also make sure you have rg 6 cable. rg 59 won't perform as well.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to adam9c1

Premium Member

to adam9c1
Take the box and swap it. If it's not even loading the xfinity stuff, it's toast.
said by mikedz4:

... You SHOULD only have one splitter....

No. There are numerous situations where multiple splitters are needed and perfectly fine. As a hint on one side of the point, the signal is "split" before it even gets to your drop. You should have PROPER SIGNAL at each outlet.
adam9c1
USA

adam9c1

Here is the layout:
pole to gray box outside:
- to dvr tv
- to line inside
line inside splits into
- modem
- 2nd TV

The only line that is older is from outside to inside, everything else is less than one year old.

Because of how things are wired I'm unable to have line going in and then split into 3.