join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC

1 recommendation

art22gg

Premium Member

[App Update] SandBoxie--V.4.12--29/5/14

Change log...

Sandboxie version 4.12 Released

The MS Visual C++ redistributable libraries have been broken out into a separate download. These now download and install during the Sandboxie install. Installing them this way will enable them to be automatically updated by Windows Update should MS issue any hotfixes.

The auto-update feature is working again.

The Portuguese (Portugal) language has been fixed.

»www.sandboxie.com/

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

> These now download and install during the Sandboxie install. Installing them this way will
> enable them to be automatically updated by Windows Update should MS issue any hotfixes.

Have to assume that ...

408 did not include them at all & perhaps complained if they were missing, asking you to go out & retrieve & install them?

410 likely had them bundled in its package (given the size diff; 2.6 MB vs 6.8 MB, 408 to 410), & either automatically overwrote existing or only installed if necessary?

412 looks like it will download the libraries regardless?

And if that is so, then 412's methodology doesn't seem to make sense - to me. I'd much rather they reverted to 408's method.
therube

1 edit

therube to art22gg

to art22gg
[pages are now updated]

Oddly, the download page is still showing 410, but what comes down is 412, so no hashes to compare against, at the moment.

»www.sandboxie.com/index. ··· andboxie

Hashes, but only through 410, so far:

»www.sandboxie.com/index. ··· Versions
therube

therube to art22gg

to art22gg
And I see this is mentioned in their forums.

Starting here, SBIE 4.12 insists on downloading vc_resdist Whats the point?

Then to, upgrade to version 4.12 problem.
therube

therube to art22gg

to art22gg
Seems like they messed up on this one.
Not a lot of information on their forums either at the moment.

I'll happily chug along with 410 & see how this pans out.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium Member
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

Pentangle to art22gg

Premium Member

to art22gg
Thanks art but I'll stay with 4.09 until the new owners get things sorted out. For me, it's been one issue after another since tzuk left.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to art22gg

to art22gg
"Resolved".
I'll stick with the individual 32/64-bit downloads until the unified download is sorted.
quote:
SandboxieInstall32-412.exe and SandboxieInstall64-412.exe are now both stand-alone installs.

You can download them from »www.sandboxie.com/index. ··· Versions

We can deal with the other installer issues at a later time. We apologize for the confusion. But, we were under a time constraint for our Win 8.1 users due to KB2919355 breaking Sandboxie and there was no way for users to auto-upgrade to 4.12. Coming up with a solution that solved everything at the same time was quite a challenge.

SandboxieInstall.exe will still have to download the VC redistributables separately for the time being.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

Dustyn

Premium Member

Have to wonder if this would have happened if Sandboxie was still owned by the original developer.