Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey

Sweet Witch

MVM

Can't find monitor drivers!

Ok, the monitor says Samsung LS27C230 on it but Samsung claims it doesn't exist when I try to find the drivers. I'm looking for them because the display is absolutely HUGE and unworkable right now. W7 can't detect it to try and pull drivers that way either.

What should I do to fix this??

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Sounds more like video driver not a display driver. The display driver generally just reports the resolution and refresh rate it supports.

Have you gone into the display driver to set the resolution you want?

FizzyMyNizzy
join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

FizzyMyNizzy to Sweet Witch

to Sweet Witch
can't you.. right click on the back ground, Screen Resolution, Change the Resolution to 1920x1080. ?

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to Sweet Witch

Premium Member

to Sweet Witch
As the earlier posters mentioned it sounds like it's a video driver issue and not the display itself. What type of video card does the computer you are using have?

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to Sweet Witch

Premium Member

to Sweet Witch
Many/most monitors don't have "drivers". And those that do, often serve no purpose other than to identify the monitor by name in the Device properties.

As noted, you should be able to adjust the display properties to control the resolution (display size). If not, try updating the video drivers.

As to the modem information, it does appear to be inaccurate. I can find no reference to that model.

Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey

1 recommendation

Sweet Witch to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed
I'm not sure what I did but I fixed it I went into the video card properties, tried to update the driver (2009 is the newest) then clicked on the Details tab and poof! it was fixed!

The best part was that this was at work and the IT person couldn't fix it but I did

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to Sweet Witch

MVM

to Sweet Witch
From the listing on Samsung's site - I would bet the model for the drivers is the S27C230BS/ZA