uniqs
rduckwor
Premium Member
join:2002-09-01
Wetumpka, AL

rduckwor

Premium Member

[Troubleshooting] Verizon Network - Riddle me this - Overseas calls

On my latest bill, there are two calls to Algeria on the same day. One for 2 minutes, one for 9 minutes.

VZW says they originated from my handset and I say they did not as I had my handset on my hip that day. They cannot explain further how this happened. When I suggested a cloned MEID, they say "Oh no, that can't happen. Our validation process allows only one instance of an MEID on our network."

So how did this happen?

I spoke to CS twice, Fraud once, a supervisor once. None of them have an answer aside from simply crediting me the charges hoping I will go away.

I told the supervisor that this was the second serious issue with their network in six months (the first being a call they failed to complete from my alarm company) and the the third strike would finish them. She could have cared less.

I was in a fringe reception area and I say their system screwed the pooch that day on those two calls. Will they admit that? Hell no.
Zach
Premium Member
join:2006-11-26
Llano, CA

Zach

Premium Member

Big Red will NEVER admit to anything less than absolute perfection on their end. Even though they are remarkably agreeable to crediting your account, they will NEVER admit the error was their fault - they are just being courteous by giving the customer the "benefit" of the doubt. They are banking on the typical Joe Average not auditing their bill every month and most of the time it pays off big time. VZ isn't alone - if you prefer to audit a blue bill, just call up AT&T.
whiteyonenh
join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH

whiteyonenh to rduckwor

to rduckwor
This is nothing new in regards to Verizon billing, another interesting story, semi-related, depending on how you look at things. »www.nbcphiladelphia.com/ ··· 031.html