uniqs

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Bad Install Experience

This post is on behalf of a family member.

Here is some background. They had TV and Internet from Optimum and a copper landline from VZ. I said it was time that they got the triple play. Better price, etc you all know how it goes.

Anyway they have two phone lines, besides that everything should have been straight forward.

Last week, they had an installer come, and he could not finish the job because, he did not know how to set up two phone lines, he didn't have a new D3 modem to replace the D2 modem, he didn't have a new HD box to replace an old SD box, and he didn't have any wire. My uncle also had to take off a day for the installer to come and do a job that wasn't completed. Anyway, they set up another appointment for an appointment to come yesterday.

Yesterday, another kid came and this install was worse than the week prior. The kid came in walking as if he were disoriented. Anyway, he went into the house for the walk around so see what needed to be done and he went outside to his truck and said he didn't know how to do the job. He said he had no clue how to set up the phone system and he also didn't have enough boxes. My aunt requested that he have his supervisor come. The first kid left per the instructions of his supervisor. The supervisor came and he said the first kid should not have been assigned to this job. The supervisor completed the job.

So now that my uncle has needed to take off two days from work and be jerked around for two days, is there anything Optimum can do about this situation?

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

If you are implying for CV to compensate for the lost time from work, that will not happen.
If they paid for the install, CV might refund that or otherwise give some service credit.

Boooost
@24.190.184.x

Boooost to WK2

Anon

to WK2
Ask for a credit (use the word "credit") of the install fee and porting fee. Maybe you could get the promo period extended.

contrakkktor
@198.255.165.x

contrakkktor

Anon

promo period might be extende after a year. no one at any level can extend a promo at the beginning. get a credit. too bad CV continues to use untrained contractors for their installs

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Thanks for the input. When I call Optimum, who should I talk to or what department should I ask for?
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029

Cablevision uses 3rd party installers. Call cablevision and ask for an actual cablevision employee to finish the install and cite the unfinished 2 attempts.

A little while ago my parents moved from dish or direct tv (don't remember which one) we had one of those satellite signal splitters on the roof. The 3rd party cablevision installer used that solitter to split cablevision instead of installing a real one. He checked one tv and left. the rest of the TV's didn't work. we called up cablevision and an actual cablevision employee came and found the problem and redid the install the right way.

You can tell they are third party installers by the truck they use. cablevision trucks have optimum splashed all across the truck . the third party installers usually have a magnetic sign or contracted by on the truck.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to WK2

to WK2
I think you can request that the install or repair be done by a CV employee and not a subcontractor. You can also ask the person who shows up who they are and if they are a CV employee or subcontractor. It is not a mystery.

I suggest you contact Wilt at CV. I think his email is wilt@optimum.net but I may be incorrect. You can also file a complaint at the CV Corporate Office on Long Island. Wilt will send his top level supervisor and technician to reinstall the entire system. The team was at my house a few months ago and stayed for about 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon/evening. My entire tv/phone/internet system was reinstalled all the way from the pole across the street. It was excellent service and all three services improved.

A CV employee should of been sent from the beginning due to the 2 phone lines being installed.

Hope this helps.

JerseyGuy
@69.124.226.x

JerseyGuy

Anon

^^^I can vouch for Wilt. He's the man. We had an issue where I cable/phone lines were cut by tree trimmers. After no help from CenturyLink I gave Wilt a shout via E-Mail. The next day we had 4 trucks and probably 6 people to restring the road. It was a nice site! After a 2 week issue, it was finally fixed. Bought them all lunch so they were happy.

SixSpeed
join:2001-12-24
USA

SixSpeed to WK2

to WK2
This is one of the main reasons I dumped them and went to FiOS, I was with CV like 8 years. My area had very old infrastructure and TV was constantly pixelated and internet was horrible. I wasted numerous vacation days and days off waiting for CV and more often than not what shpwed up was some shady looking third party guy who "picked the job up" from some call bank they use, had no idea what was wrong or why they were there.

An absolute horrible experience every time you needed a technician. On the rare occasion I got a real CV guy, it was great.

Been with FiOS 4 years, havent needed a tech visit yet.

kdshapiro
join:2000-03-29
Eatontown, NJ

kdshapiro

You are lucky, I know people on FIOS who have needed service calls, and have complained about the how the service was handled.

I rarely need a service calls, but when I do I'm happy with the service.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

I gave CV a call, they gave us $80 off our next bill, the new dlink router to replace an aging wireless g router, and free dvr for a year.