spc
Search similar:

uniqs

faith2014
@98.235.195.x

faith2014

Anon

[Connection] prewired home - active account

I have a few questions about comcast and transferring their service. I have an active account with comcast, i wanted to transfer my service to my new apartment but was allowed to because my account is past due. i have now moved into my new apartment with my service still active, and when i hooked my cable boxes up to the pre wired cables my service channels came in and my internet and phone is working fine with no problems. so will i get in trouble for using my service in the new apartment without transferring it here. does it mean its still have an active account at this apartment i just moved to and thats why my service is still working. or does it matter is the people that lived here before cancelled their service or not as long it was pre wired by comcast and my boxes is still active, then it will still work.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44

Premium Member

The boxes will work as long as your paying your old account. Comcast doesnt do physical disconnects any longer. The problem is going to be when someone goes to order service at your old address. At that time all your equipment will be shut off and billed to you and you will be left with no service at your new address. No you wont get into trouble. You just are not supposed to do it. Be sure to remember 911 service is no longer routing to proper authorities. Since your accounts still active i would call comcast and push the sales button. Some departments are more apt to transfer the account more than others. To be honest i think i would just call as a new customer if they want to be picky about transferring it. If you go that route make sure you return the old equipment and cancel the old account. I wouldnt want to see you end up paying for two accounts. Oh yea, and dont call off your home phone. System automatically routes to that account.

Unless something changed i have seen plenty of people transfer accounts with past due amounts. I think you just got a grumpy csr. Im thinking a call not associated with the account to either sales or retentions gets everything done with the equipment you have now.

If them two things fail go online and do it. Comcast Chris will take care of you.

faith2014
@98.235.195.x

faith2014

Anon

thanks for the reponse. I waiting thinking about just setting up a new account. but last time i ad to pay $150 up front, so if they want me to do that, i mines well pay the $122 thats past due on the account. and the only reason i havent paid it is because i havent got paid yet.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Also keep in mind sometimes even if you start another account if you dont pay the old account the amount gets transferred to the new account. So if you do go the new account route it might turn out to be 272 instead of just paying that 122

faith2014
@98.235.195.x

faith2014

Anon

thank you. i guess ill just keep it connected this way untill im able to pay to have it transferred. hopefully it stays connected untill then. also some of the tvs is not getting all the channels they. should. the only tv thats getting all the channels is the one in the living room.