uniqs

bbbc
join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica

bbbc to hightech

to hightech

Re: [Cable] New Rogers Rates & Better deals available from others

said by hightech :

I have rogers Cable TV and talked to a loyalty rep at the office of the president and he extended me this offer.

Doesn't the nickel-and-diming to save a few bucks get old? I just don't get it, if your service with TSI has been decent and Marc is putting in the effort to fight copyright trolls, isn't the few dollars extra worth it.
Artek
join:2007-03-19
Etobicoke, ON

Artek to geokilla

to geokilla
An increase of $2.89 is submitted.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to bbbc

to bbbc
said by bbbc:

said by hightech :

I have rogers Cable TV and talked to a loyalty rep at the office of the president and he extended me this offer.

Doesn't the nickel-and-diming to save a few bucks get old? I just don't get it, if your service with TSI has been decent and Marc is putting in the effort to fight copyright trolls, isn't the few dollars extra worth it.

$10/month is $120 annually. Factor in taxes and it's even more. As much as I appreciate what Teksavvy is doing against the copyright trolls, other companies would do the same thing. If they don't, there would be a group out there that would go up against these trolls as well. I'm more concerned with CBB than copyright trolls though in all honesty.
said by Artek:

An increase of $2.89 is submitted.

Meaning you expect prices to go up to $47 before tax right? Or what's the final price you expect it to go up to?

bbbc
join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica

bbbc

said by geokilla :

$10/month is $120 annually. Factor in taxes and it's even more.

That's like a million bucks. Heck, probably two million with the tax. Beyond that, you'd have to miss a few trip to Timmies.

I know a lot of people are on fixed incomes, but hard to swallow when I hear they have cable television and antennas work perfectly fine.

As much as I appreciate what Teksavvy is doing against the copyright trolls, other companies would do the same thing. If they don't, there would be a group out there that would go up against these trolls as well.

Yeah, sure. You think Start has pockets deep enough for lawyers? I mean, get real.

I'm more concerned with CBB than copyright trolls though in all honesty.

So tell me who put in the most effort with CBB, other than JF?
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox to geokilla

to geokilla
To be fair, Rogers has currently priced the 25/5 tier about $5 lower than what they're charging for 10/1. However it was in-line with a fairly reasonable ramp-up in cost under their old tiers, but it now seems that they're trying to charge about $20 for everything up to 45mbit.

I was playing around with numbers tonight just for the heck of it, and if you took a FLAT capacity charge based on the likely impact of your connection during prime time (no curve markup/discounting), and then add on a further set markup to Roger's per-connection tariff charge for that tier, prices would look something like:

6/0.25 $22.64
10/1 $35.66
25/2 $38.46
28/1 $48.05
30/5 $53.73
35/3 $52.45
45/4 $62.23
60/10 $82.96

Finally, at TSI's current rates, here's the "cost factor" for different packages (assuming 300gb usage). Lower numbers are better.

6/0.25 3.30
10/1 2.64
25/2 1.00
28/1 1.00
30/5 1.10
35/3 0.90
45/4 0.76
60/10 0.70

30/5 is definitely an unhappy standout.

No guarantees as to accuracy or usefulness of these numbers; they're just to help you visualize the tiers in different ways.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Artek

Premium Member

to Artek
said by Artek:

A price increase is expected on 25/2 tier in the next few months. Rcable has submitted for a price increase of $6.58 in Nov 2013 to CRTC. TSI has already increased by $2 to $41.95 from $39.95 in DEC 2013. Final rate increase depends on CRTC ruling.
In the case of 28/1 rate increase is not because of rcable. TSI could have grandfathered the rates but they chose not to.
I am on 25/2 too and will decide after the final rates are posted (not expecting more than $4.58) in the next few months.

The December rate change only affected non-unlimited users. 28/1 - unlimited never had a rate increase in December.

The reasons for the December increase was explained at the time ant not related to the submission, although the submission is what triggered it. The increase in December that took effect Jan 1 was due to other costs issues that we had been absorbing. At every turn we have tried to provide stability in pricing mostly by absorbing the higher costs.
hightech
join:2011-01-03

hightech to bbbc

to bbbc
I only talked to them about Internet as I as trying to get a better deal for my home cable tv service. I used to be with Rogers for Internet but moved to Teksavvy over 3 years ago and have been very happy. I know that whenever I have had issues, Andre and Marc have really helped out and it is nice to have someone who really wants to help the customer and not just give them lip service (which is what I find Rogers/Bell do).

That being said, whenever there are rate increases, I think any cost conscious shopper will check the competition. I also check how reliable and helpful they are and some ISP's have pretty bad raps.
hightech

hightech to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc,

I have some friends that I am convincing to join Teksavvy and go for the 25/2 plan that I have. They (and I) wanted to know what the rate is going to increase to as Start Communications now offers the 35/5 speed for $45 a month.

Others have mentioned $6.58 which makes it higher then Start.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

The rates would go up for all independents. This is not a TekSavvy specific thing.
hightech
join:2011-01-03

hightech

Thanks for letting me know. I am sticking with Teksavvy as you and Andre really help me and my friends out when needed.

I will tell my friends to come to TSI and will be referring people for Internet and other services.

needsomehelp
join:2014-02-07
Canada

needsomehelp

said by hightech:

I will tell my friends to come to TSI and will be referring people

Make sure they provide your CID at the time of ordering...referral discount

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to hightech

Premium Member

to hightech
Great to hear it. We are ready to help them too, anytime!