batsona
Maryland

join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Verizon FiOS

[Troubleshooting] Outgoing message stuck; can't be deleted

I went to forward a message I received, and the message didn't send. Phone tells me, "Verizon Message not sent". If I try to tap the message to select it & delete it, the phone tells me, "This message is being sent, and cannot be accessed".

I can create new messages just fine & they go out just fine, and incoming mail works like a champ. This one message is simply stuck and I can't get rid of it. I've power-cycled the phone (DROID RAZR). The message has been stuck for 1.5 days. Phone sounds-off every 30min with this error -- getting annoying!

Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota
You might try going into going into the applications manager, selecting the Voicemail application and then hitting 'force stop' and then clearing the data and cache. Reboot and it should be gone. Just a word of warning though - this procedure will reset any personalized VVM settings and delete all saved voice messages so back up anything important!
--
Zach

batsona
Maryland

Ellicott City, MD
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Verizon FiOS
Oops.. I guess I wasn't clear -- This is a stuck email message, not a stuck voicemail message. Anyway, I've actually deleted my verizon email 'account object' on the phone (it no longer checks for VZ email, nor does it know anything about it anymore. BUT: The phone still complains about the stuck message, even after deleting the emai accountl. Also restarted the phone.

Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota

1 edit
Oh okay, no problem. The drill is pretty much the same though. Pull up the applications manager, scroll over to 'all',scroll down to find the e-mail app and tap it. Once open, tap 'force stop' and then tap 'clear data' followed by 'clear cache'. Close out the application manager and reboot. Here again, the caveat applies about settings and important data - your e-mail account(s) will need to be reconfigured. Once you sync, your e-mail messages will show up on your phone.
--
Zach

batsona
Maryland

Ellicott City, MD
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Verizon FiOS
OP here: I think that did it! I cleared all the data, and the cache, then force-quit the app & rebooted the phone. (160MB of local data taken by the email app...) When I went into email this time, it said I had to set it up from scratch, which I expected. Once done, all the email came back into the phone. I've successfully sent a message outbound, and inbound. Problem solved! Thanks, Zach!