spc
uniqs
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to TazExprez

to TazExprez

Re: [DVR] All Things VMS Quantum TV

Actually I figured this one out on my own, so I feel a little better.

The IPC 1100 auto detected that my TV was 1080P and set the output resolution to 1080P60. However, it appear that in doing so, it was also trying to push that resolution to the component output interface, which the Slingbox can't handle, (Slingbox only does 1080i or 720P for HD).

Anyway, I went into the diagnostic menu on the IPC 1100 and set the resolution to 1080i and the Slingbox started displaying video immediately.

What's weird is, I didn't think component could do 1080P but whatever....I got it to work, so I'm good. Diagnostic menu is still accessed by: PWR=>OK=>Menu. The other diagnostic (view only status) menu is accessed by: PWR=>OK=>OK.

Don.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by DGGSLF:

What's weird is, I didn't think component could do 1080P but whatever....I got it to work, so I'm good.

That's one of those things that somebody put out there as gospel years back and people ran with it. Component cables most definitely support 1080p, however it's the content, display or device that decide whether or not it's actually possible. (For instance, you can't view 1080p through component on a Blue-Ray player.)
whsbuss
join:2007-08-10
Norristown, PA

whsbuss to DGGSLF

to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

The IPC 1100 auto detected that my TV was 1080P and set the output resolution to 1080P60. However, it appear that in doing so, it was also trying to push that resolution to the component output interface, which the Slingbox can't handle, (Slingbox only does 1080i or 720P for HD).

Anyway, I went into the diagnostic menu on the IPC 1100 and set the resolution to 1080i and the Slingbox started displaying video immediately.

What's weird is, I didn't think component could do 1080P but whatever....I got it to work, so I'm good. Diagnostic menu is still accessed by: PWR=>OK=>Menu. The other diagnostic (view only status) menu is accessed by: PWR=>OK=>OK.

Don.

Mine never tried 1080P but my plasma only supports 1080P/24 so I guess it never found it.
TazExprez
join:2002-04-27
Yonkers, NY

TazExprez to DGGSLF

to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

Don.

Thanks a lot for this! I can't wait for my pre-order to arrive. I pre-ordered on May 29th and the equipment should arrive on, or before, June 13th.
whsbuss
join:2007-08-10
Norristown, PA

whsbuss to DGGSLF

to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

Don.

You can also get in the diagnostic/users menu by holding the "D" (green) key for 4-5 seconds.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

Thanks! I was not aware of this. I tried it and it works great.