All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dnice850
join:2014-03-31
Los Angeles, CA

dnice850

Is this the first sign my area is currently being upgraded to Maxx?

Earlier today, I noticed my modem has reset itself. Now, on the Arris status page under interface parameters (LAN Port Speed) it went from 100mbps(Full) to 1000mbps(Full). However, I still have 8 downstreams and 1 upstream. What does this mean?

xer008
Premium Member
join:2000-05-22
socal

xer008

Premium Member

Maybe just new firmware
Few weeks ago modem reboot I had ipv6, and new options to disable ports on my SBG658, I'm still at 8/1

Tonice2007
Premium Member
join:2005-12-20
Brooklyn, NY

Tonice2007 to dnice850

Premium Member

to dnice850
said by dnice850:

Earlier today, I noticed my modem has reset itself. Now, on the Arris status page under interface parameters (LAN Port Speed) it went from 100mbps(Full) to 1000mbps(Full). However, I still have 8 downstreams and 1 upstream. What does this mean?

I do not think that you are getting the MAXX upgrade yet, your "device" is just connecting to the "router" at a different speed, instead of 100Mbps it change to 1000Mbps.

You can confirm this by doing a speedtest, see if you got the MAXX upgrade yet.
dnice850
join:2014-03-31
Los Angeles, CA

dnice850 to xer008

to xer008
I think you're right it's just a new firmware. But I think my area will be on the next list to receive the upgrade because there is this guy on this site who only lives about 10 minutes away from me and he just recently got upgraded.
dnice850

dnice850 to Tonice2007

to Tonice2007
I spoke to a TWC chat agent and he said the change to 1000Mbps has nothing to do with TWC Maxx. Also, speed test shows I am getting the same speeds. You were right.

xer008
Premium Member
join:2000-05-22
socal

xer008

Premium Member

Sure it does, if the modem is only allowing 100Mbps connections
then that's all you're going to get, if you can connect to 1000Mbps(modem) then you could get 300Mbps
Chat is full of shit, as when you're getting maxx, could be soon, could be few months.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to dnice850

Premium Member

to dnice850
Do not ever use the chat. They are agents in the Philippines (or India?) who literary know absolutely nothing about local planning, and will just give you the runaround.

Call your local office if you want some decent info.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

Matt7

said by maartena:

Do not ever use the chat. They are agents in the Philippines (or India?) who literary know absolutely nothing about local planning, and will just give you the runaround

No one local is going to tell you either.. TWC employees will not tell you when MAXX happens until it actually happens.. does not matter if they are a front desk worker at a local 'store' or they are a CSR in Manila.